Interest Check - M&M 3 Hero Game

Insight

Adventurer
I'm looking to gather 4-5 players for a Mutants & Masterminds 3rd edition game that will features heroes of a "4-color" variety a la old school Avengers or Justice League. Note that this is going to be an independent setting, so please do not create heroes in either of those settings.

The concept for the game is being kept a secret for now. All I'm seeking now are 4-5 people interested in this sort of game and are willing to give it a try. Please post here with your interest ONLY - I am not seeking character concepts at this time. If we get enough people, I will create a separate OOC thread for all of that.

Thanks!

drothgery

First Post
Since dropping a bunch of games and one of my Living Eberron characters' game wrapped up so I'm only involved in one active game again, and I want to give M&M3 a try, I think I might be interested. Disclaimers:
  • I've got the M&M3 core rulebook, but I've only played M&M2e (and only in PBPs)
  • I haven't actually read many comic books (and of those, mostly Star Wars comics to pick up backstory for one of my unfortunate Star Wars games); my familiarity with comic book universes is almost entirely derived from relatively recent movies and dim childhood memories of cartoons from 20+ years ago.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Well, with Holy Man gone, I've lost a pretty big hunk of games.

And I do love superheroes. And I love M&M 3e.

So.

Yeah. I'm interested. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Well, with Holy Man gone, I've lost a pretty big hunk of games.

And I do love superheroes. And I love M&M 3e.

So.

Yeah. I'm interested. :)

I'm much in the same boat as Shayuri. Plus I feel that Pathfinder is getting to bothersome for me (I really hate equipment and some other management things of 3.0 +).

So, yes, very interested :D

Insight

Adventurer
Since dropping a bunch of games and one of my Living Eberron characters' game wrapped up so I'm only involved in one active game again, and I want to give M&M3 a try, I think I might be interested. Disclaimers:
  • I've got the M&M3 core rulebook, but I've only played M&M2e (and only in PBPs)
  • I haven't actually read many comic books (and of those, mostly Star Wars comics to pick up backstory for one of my unfortunate Star Wars games); my familiarity with comic book universes is almost entirely derived from movies and cartoons from 20+ years ago.

Actually, the second point is very, very salient, as my concept is taken from something in the 80s. If you paid any attention at all to comics in the 80s, you will recognize it. That's all I can reveal at this point.

Insight

Adventurer
Looks like we've already got three interested players. I'd like to get 1 or 2 more before opening the OOC thread. Seems promising.

Thanee

First Post
Well, considering that I do have the M&M3 book, but havn't really read it yet, this seems like a good chance to actually do so. :D

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I'm familiar with M&M2

Insight

Adventurer
All right, we've got the 4 player minimum I was hoping for. I'm going to leave this open until Monday, just to see if we catch anyone else. On Monday, I'll create the OOC thread and state the character creation guidelines.

Walking Dad

First Post
All right, we've got the 4 player minimum I was hoping for. I'm going to leave this open until Monday, just to see if we catch anyone else. On Monday, I'll create the OOC thread and state the character creation guidelines.
Can you post a link here, please? I sometimes only look up my subscriptions and forget to check the 'Talking the Talk' forum.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'd like to book a tentative "heck yeah". I tried making a M&M character for another game (might have even been Walking Dad's evil/good guys one) but got horribly bogged down with the character creation process. Basically, I finished the character, but I was too frustrated with the process to actually play it. I could track her down, pending the character creation rules.

Remove ads