I watched Kick-Ass

I watched a documentary about them.
synopsis here

I read (partially) this websites:
Real-life superhero - Wikipedia
Real Life Superheroes Wiki
Real Life Superheroes.org

Now I want to do a game.
(This will mostly ignore any charity work or community services.)

The idea is the 'origin story' of a small group of Real Life Superheroes in a fictional American city. Fictional, because of the underlying in corruption in police and politics.

The world will be very realistic, without any super-powers or their like.
It will neither be about millionaires using their gadgets.

I aim for low level/tier characters struggling to make a difference and survive.

System should be pretty realistic, simulationist and gritty.

I'm currently thinking about a modified New World of Darkness, Modern d20 or Savage Worlds.

---

Anyone interested to play this?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
First : Definitely interested, RL Heroes have interested me for a long time.

Second: I think NWoD would be perfect for this, but you'll need to make restrictions clear, and I wouldn't suggest TOO low power level, cuz gamers do tend to like being able to kick a little bit of ass. ;)

Third, some questions:
I assume the feel you're going for is costumed 'normal' people heading out to fight crime and help the helpless, rather than vigilantes or people trying to make a difference in more legit ways?

Will there be multiple aspects, or just costumed-hero-combat? (IE characters having day jobs that may provide other ways for them to affect the city, or resources to help them/the other heroes out, or even just being involved in events/scenes/groups that shape the way they think about the city?

Examples - one of the few clean cops on the force, the reporter who's trying to expose the truth, the doctor who keeps seeing stabbed/beaten kids brought in and finally decides to go do something about it, the kid who got mugged three times in the last year and said 'that's enough', etc..

Also did you have any ideas on how the characters were going to know each other? Pre-planned, happens in game, or up to us?

Walking Dad

First Post

Second: I think NWoD would be perfect for this, but you'll need to make restrictions clear, and I wouldn't suggest TOO low power level, cuz gamers do tend to like being able to kick a little bit of ass. ;)
I will try to keep this in mind

Third, some questions:
I assume the feel you're going for is costumed 'normal' people heading out to fight crime and help the helpless, rather than vigilantes or people trying to make a difference in more legit ways?
Right to the point. No vigilantes killing people nor costumed charity workers who give out free soda during a summer traffic jam.

Will there be multiple aspects, or just costumed-hero-combat? (IE characters having day jobs that may provide other ways for them to affect the city, or resources to help them/the other heroes out, or even just being involved in events/scenes/groups that shape the way they think about the city?

Examples - one of the few clean cops on the force, the reporter who's trying to expose the truth, the doctor who keeps seeing stabbed/beaten kids brought in and finally decides to go do something about it, the kid who got mugged three times in the last year and said 'that's enough', etc..
I would like the heroes to be rather struggling at their real life, with relatively low income. No doctor, but an ambulance man.
I want them to have the feel that they have to do what they do because they are 'power-less' in their real-life.

Also did you have any ideas on how the characters were going to know each other? Pre-planned, happens in game, or up to us?
I would ideally like them to know each other and having the RLS idea as kind of a group effort. If all have some brawl skills, maybe they have met at a self defense class, etc.

Remove ads