Interest in '50s supernatural noir?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
They both look great. I'd like to have one more person at the most, but I'm happy with two. I figure I'll give till Friday to post someone else otherwise we forge ahead.

If either of you has a preference for something else let me know.

Candide

First Post
You may do as you wish. I could take or leave another person. Though I do worry about overlapping of characters. We could use a good investigative guy since I'm the Knowledgable/sneaky guy, Ricky is the "people person" guy. We could use a Strong/Tough hero, sheer brawn etc. Though I don't want to force a character type on someone.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Well, the guy I'm thinking of playing would be a former seminary student who ended up working for the FBI dealing with the occult. Would that concept fit in with the other two do you think?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Captain Tagon said:
Well, the guy I'm thinking of playing would be a former seminary student who ended up working for the FBI dealing with the occult. Would that concept fit in with the other two do you think?

Don't worry about fitting in - it's not a chore to accomodate a character like that.

The Shaman

First Post
Committed Hero said:
Add your level to your starting Wealth - that offsets some of the loss of Profession checks.
Could I suggest another idea? Rather than levels, what about adding +1 Wealth for each Career point? That seems like the closest analog to Profession in your house rules.

In Ricky's case, the would give him a starting Wealth of +9, assuming he takes one more Perk for +1 Wealth as well (roll 4, +2 from Perks, +3 from Career points) - that doesn't seem too out-of-whack for a 4th level character, particularly with an average Wealth roll to start.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
The Shaman said:
Could I suggest another idea? Rather than levels, what about adding +1 Wealth for each Career point? That seems like the closest analog to Profession in your house rules.

In Ricky's case, the would give him a starting Wealth of +9, assuming he takes one more Perk for +1 Wealth as well (roll 4, +2 from Perks, +3 from Career points) - that doesn't seem too out-of-whack for a 4th level character, particularly with an average Wealth roll to start.

Whichever - Career is probably more useful than Empathy already, that's the only reason I hesitate.

Candide

First Post
the addition of level to the Wealth bonus was fine. Remember money is worth a bit less in the 50s compared to now. I think if we add anything else to it, it may look like we would be rolling in cash. Less people did that back then. Though whatever the GM decides upon will be okay.

Remove ads