• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest in Delaware/MidAtlantic Gameday?

grodog

Hero
Glyfair, I'd be happy to drop in, if I'm back east visiting family whenever your GameDay occurs. FYI, I'll be back over the November 3rd weekend (for the Police show in AC), and for about two weeks over the Christmas holidays. If your dates happen to fall when I'm around, I'll try make it :D

Glyfair

Explorer
grodog said:
Glyfair, I'd be happy to drop in, if I'm back east visiting family whenever your GameDay occurs. FYI, I'll be back over the November 3rd weekend (for the Police show in AC), and for about two weeks over the Christmas holidays. If your dates happen to fall when I'm around, I'll try make it :D

I don't know how workable Christmas is, but November might be possible (depending on interest in various dates). Organized gaming around here usually goes to a trickle from Thanksgiving to New Years.

Even if not, if you have time on your hands something might be organized.

I'm really hoping Nic Logue chimes in since he's moving to New York City. He's disappeared from the internet for a bit, so maybe he's moving (that or he has fallen in the freelancer surge of deadlines).

Last edited:

Xer0

First Post
Glyfair said:
I wasn't trying to suggest switching, and wouldn't (unless your local store is inadequate for your needs).

That being said, I did make it my goal to have hit every gaming store within a decent travel distance from my home. I haven't kept up with it recently, but as of a few years ago I hit everyone in Delaware, in nearby PA (up to about Exton) and all the ones around Virginia Beach (where an ex-girlfriend lived). I think the only store I missed was the Complete Strategist (because I couldn't find it the day I went up to King of Prussia).

It was enlightening. I saw more wasted potential than true hits, I have to admit.
No, I know you're not. I'm musing more than anything else. I should make a trip up there, just to see what it's like.

Magestrike

First Post
Interested also

Im interested and I have a friend or two that would probably venture north from way down here in the southern part of the state.....lol.

Also, Bret Boyd, freelancer extraordinaire has mentioned on his blog that he shops at Days of Knights and might want to pop down as well.

Glyfair

Explorer
Magestrike said:
Im interested and I have a friend or two that would probably venture north from way down here in the southern part of the state.....lol.

Wow! There are gamers downstate? ;)

My parents live down in that area (Harbeson) and I know you have to go into MD to get to any gaming areas pretty much.

Glyfair

Explorer
Since we seem to have at least a small knot of interest, what sort of games would people be interested in playing?

Recently I've been 90% focused on d20, but I do have other RPG interests. In fact, I
'm sort of running a James Bond game right now. I'd love to play in a M&M one-off.

schporto

First Post
I run WotC standard DnD (i.e. no 3rd party stuff) 90% of the time. Breaking this comfort zone would be great. I'd love to play something else. Star Wars, M&M, d20 Modern, heck anything else.
That said, I may also be willing to run something for folks too, but that would be standard DnD, as I don't know the rules enough for other stuff.
The caveat is "needs to get spousal approval."
-cpd

Stupid question: I see these Gamedays listed all the time, but I've never exactly known what a gameday is. Can you define it please?
(And if it sounds interesting, I could possibly make it.)

Midknightsun

Explorer
I could run or play, depending on the date. My group is pretty solidly D&D 3.5 right now. Echoing schporto, I wouldn't mind trying something a little different, or at least having that option present. And M&M one shot would be cool, but i've got no problem with the standard if all else fails. I've been trying to get someone to run one, but change scares some of our folks. That said I'd be up for DMing or playing too; I'd just need a fair bit of notice so I can get the time off.

I have a few friends that may be willing to make the 2 hour trek as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads