Pathfinder 1E [INTEREST/RECRUIT] - Crowns of Ice

Archon Basileus

First Post
Guys, sorry for the delay. Rough week. Between writing late and writing poor stuff I chose the former... I'm working on updates right now!

So, @Queenie, I imagined that magic would be known, respected and feared, but not persecuted. On the contrary, it would be sought out as means to ends, and witches would be wise women among grandalians, much like @Fenris mentioned. All in all, his observations for Grandael are the law, since it's his land! :) Once more, you guys can lay the lines and I'll follow, filling in the gaps as we go!

I'll post till tomorrow. Really sorry for the delay, but I had some work stuff I had to sort out and my wife got really sick.

Also, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], if you're up for a mini-adventure, I'm up for it! Actually, I wanted to do it for all of you in due time, maybe as flashbacks, maybe as short side stories to complement character development and toy around with the massive, amazing work you guys have been doing! So, yeah, I think it's a great way to get a better look at Arvid and Grandael as well!

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Got it :D

Also, mini adventures ROCK!! I'm enjoying reading Arvid's adventures.

And I can't get enough of Astrid, so whenever it's her turn will be really fun <3

Archon Basileus

First Post
I really wanna do a thread for each char.

a) I'd like to run some background for Alec, so to clarify some aspects of his jarldom.
b) I'd like to go deeper into some cult aspects with Arvid.
c) I'd like to work magic lore with Astrid.
d) I'd like to work on Thorir's rise to power with some off-shore adventuring.

Hoe does it sound?
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], as far as Alec goes, I'd like to get familiar with his mechanics as well. You, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] and I should mess around the magic system to test it's limits in this campaign (and to determine how far can we bend it, that is, if we can bend it at all). [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], yours is the noir part of the plot. I need to establish the cult on Grandael based on your adventures. [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], I intend to go full-blown queen of the black coast - or king of the black coast - on your end, so we can develop other locations with a single thread from you, if you want to, of course!

Also, As far as the map I presented goes, please position your chars as you wish!

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Did Jon or Don ever post the cult tattoo pic that got made? I don't recall.

Edit: that would be [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION] or Jago, sorry. I have a tendency to do that. Apologies!

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], you didn't put Arvid on the map (or I'm blind)

Put him next to Astrid as he talked with Valkyre - say AD 17?

Just to confirm, all S marks are friendly? Or Rolf acts against us? None of the attacked for the moment, so I'm a bit confused, he's a mercenary and knows Sea King...maybe playing both sides and will join the winning team :)

Queenie, we return onto the ship? Quick and dirty way to avoid this conflict

Archon Basileus

First Post
Just to confirm, all S marks are friendly? Or Rolf acts against us?

Weeeell, there's a controversy right there. @Queenie and @Fenris considered his 'tong' yell to be a command issued to the attackers. It might be, or it might be a warning to the group. Since there's chaos all over the place, no one really knows. I know what I meant when I wrote the line, but I've been... A bit dubious when I did it. That was deliberate. I made a secret roll for all of you aaand... It did not help you. So his actions became obscure at the very least. This is why right now you guys are not so sure of his intentions. ;) Glad you noticed, I was waiting for someone to point this out. This is also why it took me so long to write these posts. I wanted it to look the part, to feel as if you guys are suddenly in the middle of a very chaotic battle, with vaguely defined sides. At least, this is what I think would be such a battle, without sides, uniforms, easy communication.

As for placement, I left it so you guys placed the characters at your own leisure. But I can do that, no problem! :) @tglassy also has to do his placement!

Oh, S are Rolf's men, S(a) are friendly units!

Remove ads