Pathfinder 1E INTEREST/RECRUIT - TIDERULER - THE FALL OF LAHOLT (HIGH-LEVEL CHARS)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I am thinking of making an enchanter face for the party. Not sure if I should just go wizard or try out the arcanist. With the high stars, I will have an excellent charisma for the exploits, and I kind of like the more 5e casting of the arcanist. Never played one before. Was thinking human, but half elf or elf could work.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
I think I’m going to go with a Dhampir Psion Telepath. I’m going to play it up as his unlocking his vampiric powers. Telepathy, charm, mind control. Aaaaaand I’m leaning heavily towards becoming a Thrallherd. I believe I can do that as of level 9, so 2 or 3 levels of Thrallherd, depending on whether I want that bonus feat.

So basically, he’s Professor X the half vampire. And if he gets to be a high enough level, he can actually switch bodies with someone permanently, leaving his half undead condition behind him.

I’m happy. I’ll start working on his stat sheet.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
Hurm. I've been looking at Summoner and Magus, but still very much in the early phases of consideration. Slayer is also pretty cool.

tglassy

Adventurer
How would we treat the Thrallherd’s Thrall and Believers? Can I create my own Thrall, which is essentially a level 11 NPC under my control, or would you create him for me to make it more “random”, since technically the Thrallherd doesn’t choose their Thrall? Same with believers. I should have something like sixty 1st level believers, six 2nd level, three 3rd level, two 4th level, one 5th level and one 6th level. I’ve got a whole dang posse, though they are severely underpowered for combat and could die easily. Not that they care, they are fanatical about me. I’d really only want to deal with the stronger ones, the rest can be doing menial things.

If I can at least create my one Thrall, then I’ll likely make him a Meat Shield. A bodyguard, if you will. But I’d have to think about it. As for character backstory, I’m thinking my Dhampir isn’t evil, per se, but has been around a long, long time and has built his influence over the last few centuries. He hates vampires and uses his considerable abilities (which he got from them, an irony that is not lost on him) to fight them wherever he can. But he does have other plans. His believers are akin to a network of people throughout the area who spy for him and bring him information, and they range from beggars to servants to traders and perhaps even nobility (the higher leveled ones). He tries to keep them from harm, but he will use them for his ends, whatever they may be.

So how about it, DM? How far can I go?

And is anyone else weirded out that my spellcheck actually recognizes Thrallherd as a real word?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
We suggest treating that class feature much like Leadership. The Thrall is your sidekick who goes around with you...your Believers are like your Followers and are best used for other kinds of tasks. What tasks? Consider!

1) Sweat shops. Even relatively low Profession skills will let them create money that they fork over to you. Just keep them fed and housed!

2) Spies. Followers make great spies. Not because they've got sneaky skills, but because they're just regular folks. Citizens that go about their daily lives...but with a secret loyalty to you. Set up some of your higher level followers as 'spymasters' who collect and collate the reports from the masses of lower level people and relay them on.

3) Cult. Anyone can belong to a cult. This kind of works out to a combination of 1 and 2, with a bit of extra flavor.

...on another note, that's a weird thing about your spellcheck. :-O

Archon Basileus

First Post
We suggest treating that class feature much like Leadership. The Thrall is your sidekick who goes around with you...your Believers are like your Followers and are best used for other kinds of tasks. What tasks? Consider!

1) Sweat shops. Even relatively low Profession skills will let them create money that they fork over to you. Just keep them fed and housed!

2) Spies. Followers make great spies. Not because they've got sneaky skills, but because they're just regular folks. Citizens that go about their daily lives...but with a secret loyalty to you. Set up some of your higher level followers as 'spymasters' who collect and collate the reports from the masses of lower level people and relay them on.

3) Cult. Anyone can belong to a cult. This kind of works out to a combination of 1 and 2, with a bit of extra flavor.

...on another note, that's a weird thing about your spellcheck. :-O
Treating it like leadership would be my precise recommendation!

Aaaah, Thrallherd. Mom's petname for me and the rest of the family... sweet memories.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Make them a small trader hub. Have high level ones be mayor, captain of the guard, alchemist and priest. The rest are craftsmen, traders and Similar who get their info from passing caravans, other traders and guests. That way you can have them mostly in one place and still get the info. Buy sending stones.

I finished my char yesterday except for skills. I decided not to go full retard with it so I removed finesse and attack with strength. Str 24 and dex 22. Seemed too much dex 31 with +21 damage per attack

We don't have a trapfinder.

Last edited:

Remove ads