• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interesting fantasy art mapping article in Photoshop Creative this month!

Photoshop Creative is a UK magazine, for Photoshop, anyway I was a tad stunned to see how Nerdom has taken over the real world! "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!" :lol:

Issue #34, 4 page spread on making a fantasy map with Photoshop, kewl!
Though they added rail road tracks as well as roads, grr...I'm old school, anyone adding steam power (except to gnomes) deserves to die by having a flumph chew off their naughty bits! :]

http://www.pshopcreative.co.uk/back_issues.php

It's actually not bad, though I'd use a lot more texture to improve the look of the land masses.
CD with it has icons for castles etc.

hm, wonder if I could load in the kewl icons oorm my Campaign Cartographer3, into Photoshop?

Malakor

First Post
you can. I use the PNG files from Campaign Cartographer 3, but don't use my CC3, because I have issues with getting it to make PDF's the way I want them.

I do all my maps in either Photoshop or Illustrator and make liberal use of the CC3 icons. Use the ones where the name ends in _VH, and you'll get the better resolution.

Remove ads