• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Interesting tidbit from Dragon Talk - Travis Woodall and Claire Hoffman

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It looks like Adventurer's League Season 8 doesn't start until summer. That may reflect the book release schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kED455hvJQo

It's a good listen. Gives a lot of insight into how the Adventures League writing process works.
Yeah, the next season is tied to the September book release, codename "Broadway." The Spring release appears to not be Adventure material.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

bmfrosty

Explorer
Yeah, the next season is tied to the September book release, codename "Broadway." The Spring release appears to not be Adventure material.

I'm skeptical of the detail descriptions from Amazon at this point. Until I see an announcement, I'm going to assume that the new Seasons start with the May 29th book and the September 18th book.

I'm not going to assume, but I'm guessing that the May 29th book is a book of modules like TYP, the September 18th book is the new storyline season similar to ToA, and the November book is going to be a product similar to SCAG, VGtM, or XGtE.

Not the first time I've heard that Season 8 starts "this summer" on ENWorld. Whether summer means premiering at GenCon in August with a release in September is yet to be seen.

Yes, back when the current season started for ToA last year, it was mentioned in the AL sub-forum by AL people that the season would be a year long instead of the usual 6 months.

bmfrosty

Explorer
Another note from that page is that the minis are supposed to launch this month.

Another thought on how strict they've been describing seasons. If I'm not being strict, I think of the summer including May - September. If I am being strict, summer this year is June 21st - September 22nd.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Another note from that page is that the minis are supposed to launch this month.

Another thought on how strict they've been describing seasons. If I'm not being strict, I think of the summer including May - September. If I am being strict, summer this year is June 21st - September 22nd.
Well, but they have said previously that Season 7 would be 12 months long. So, September, which is still Summer. The May release is not season related, apparently (which suggests that it won't be like TftYP).

That's... not new. We have seen that in OCTOBER already.
Also, the set is not coming this month, it is up for preorder everywhere for 2018 March.
Here are some CGI previews of the minis we know of, some pretty neat stuff like a Nilbog, Mezzoloth, Gibbering Mouther, and the special giants from Volo's Guide. http://www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd12.htm

Remove ads