Into Khybers Gate

IcyCool

First Post
OOC [sblock]Untrained Craft(Alchemy) check (1d20+1=10) Nope, and since Aidan doesn't have any ranks in Knowledge[Local], he can't attempt the check if the DC is higher than 10, so he's got no idea what it is.[/sblock]

Aidan's brow wrinkles in thought for a moment. "I've not heard of this substance before. I have no issue with going and negotiating with this individual on your behalf, I can be convincing. I assume that you had envisioned us breaking in and stealing this secret, but that the actual methods we use to aquire it are up to us, yes? If so, then I may be able to help you, but I'm certainly not going to steal for you."

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
"I've not heard of this substance before."

"Dragon's blood? I am familiar with it." (Untrained craft check=18)Anvuss recalls. "And it is an illegal substance. Even if we acquired it for you lawfully, we would risk entanglement with the local authorities. I begin to suspect you cannot afford my services, sir."

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Patlin said:
"And it is an illegal substance."

"Ah. Then I must decline your offer of employement, and I should hear no more of your proposition, lest I be compelled to report you to the authorities." Aidan looks over the others at the table who still seem to be considering the offer. "I would urge the rest of you to seriously reconsider working on this matter. You'll wind up on the wrong side of the law, and that won't turn out well." He gives an appreciative nod to Anvuss.

Aidan stands, gathers his shield, and gives a polite nod to the occupants of the room. "I hope that you all choose to do the right thing, including you, Mr. Ahkran. As I said before, the true measure of a man is in his deeds. However, should you decide to do this task, know that I'll be spending quite some time here at the tavern. You know, just in case you want to turn yourselves in." Aidan chuckles and starts for the door.

OOC [sblock]I was with you right up to the point of finding out that we'd be dealing in illegal substances. So I'll have to back out, sadly. The rest of you should have fun, even though you are dirty, dirty criminals ;)[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
As the Paladin leaves, it seems to settle something in Anvuss's mind.

The authorities will now almost certainly become aware of this situation. The proposition is foolhardy.

He places the glass back on the table, unsampled, and follows Aidan out of the cubicle.

Knight Otu

First Post
Confident to have the situation under control, Sedar takes another sip. "Of course you are not after the dragons' blood. Only someone who is really dumb would ask obtaining a illegal drug of someone who has identified himself as a servant of the Silver Flame. You are after the recipe to harden it. Apart from smuggling it, it would be a nice method to detect the drug. And likely, the recipe has other uses." Sedar watches the man calmly, ready to stop him if he tries anything funny.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Confident to have the situation under control, Sedar takes another sip. "Of course you are not after the dragons' blood. Only someone who is really dumb would ask obtaining a illegal drug of someone who has identified himself as a servant of the Silver Flame. You are after the recipe to harden it. Apart from smuggling it, it would be a nice method to detect the drug. And likely, the recipe has other uses." Sedar watches the man calmly, ready to stop him if he tries anything funny.

Ahkran shakes his head as he watches the other two depart. You hear him mutter something under his breath before he turns back to Sedar. "You are quite clever indeed my friend for you have seen to the heart of the matter. It is not the blood I seek to obtain but only the process used for the transmutation. For my safety, and yours of course, I cannot reveal much of what I would like to, but I can assure you that I have no interest in using it to smuggle a competing product. Now of course, things have become more complicated. Our rash friend may feel it is his duty to report on these activities. It is no longer safe for us to meet here." He begins pacing back and forth, tugging absently on his sleeves. "We'll have to change the rendezvous and possibly use an intermediary for the actual transaction. That is if we can replace them with trustworthy individuals. The place I would have you go is suicide to travel in alone. Strength in numbers! We'll have to pad the ranks a bit. Tell me, do you know any would can be trusted with what I've told you?"

Knight Otu

First Post
Sedar looks at Johanel. "Are you going to stay?" Once it has been established whether the gnome does stay, Sedar will continue. "Trust is something hard to come by in Sharn, I'm sure you are aware. Strength in numbers is imperative only if trouble is afoot. Where do you plan to send us? As for a new meeting place, there are many taverns in Sharn. Just pick one at random."

byronhicks

First Post
I'm in. I'm a little low on coin, and can't afford to turn down work. Besides, It's a chance to learn about a new process for storing magical liquids. This intrigues me, and I must know more. I understand the objection of the paladin, but I don't understand why the warforged would object.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"The place I would send you to is here in Sharn. It is called Khyber's Gate, deep in the Cogs. It is a rough, lawless place that the Watch never ventures. This location is the home of many of the subraces, monstrous humanoids, and outright monsters. There are 3 ways to survive there. Join a gang. Stay Hidden. Or be too strong to be worth fighting. This is why I suggest having several members to travel with.
He then lowers his voice to a whisper, glancing at the curtains for shadows.
"As for a new meeting place, I have something in mind. Once you've successfully secured the formula you will make for Lower Tavick's Landing. It is quite busy there with all the foot traffic from Terminus and Wroan's Gate. There you will find a gnome carrying a bouquet of flowers. Ask for one and he will trade it for the information. He'll have your descriptions. It is all very short notice, I'll be pressed for time to get everything setup."

Remove ads