Into the Dragon's Maw (Adventure)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lakeover was impressed with the half-orc's ability to climb. He nodded approval. "We have our destination," says Lakeover. "Did you see how high the ceiling was, Pell? Will the wyrm have room to fly?"

"I think so, yes." Pell thought a moment. "He's fearsome large, though, and so may have trouble flying where the ceiling dips low or where the cave fingers hang." Pell waggled four fingers to show he meant stalactites hanging from the cave ceiling. "Plenty of hiding places for us, and some cover...though, I bet dragon fire could melt rock?"

Pell bumbled. "Not that this matters, but the dragon was ever so wondrously fearsome, Ignus!" Pell gushed vapid enthusiasm. "Its scales were this amazing green, rich like the first crop of sedges in spring. I hadn't thought about it ever, but what d'you s'pose it's been eating to make it turn green? Oooooh! Do you think it changes color to match its place?" Pell turned thoughtful. "What in the name of Torm could be green up there?"

Radaceus

Adventurer
[section]The Genasi looked up from where he sat crosslegged studying his book, raising an eyebrow at Pell in his excitement, "Green? Intriguing...", He then looked off up the cavern pondering, lost in thought.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0] for knowledge regarding Green Dragons strengths and weaknesses
[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Ignis (Wizard) 12th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +0
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 30'

Str 10, Dex 14 +2, Con 18 +4,Int 20 +5, Wis 10, Cha 8 -1

AC: 19 (Elven chain(Chain Shirt+1)=14+Staff of power+2, Dex+2, Cloak of protection +1)
HP 92/98

In Hand:Staff of Power(15/20 charges)
Off Hand:

spell slots: 1st 4(4), 2nd- 3(3), 3rd 3(3), 4th 3(3), 5th 2(2), 6th 1(1)

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: I'm sorry. I missed your post, Radaceus. Ignis recalls that Green dragons use poison (like the dragonlings) and are immune to its effects. He doesn't know of any weaknesses. He does recall something about Chlorothra though. Some of the reports of his attacks don't line up with the capabilities of a normal green dragon. He seems to have some access to additional power and Ignis presumes that the beast may be a spell caster.

mips42

Adventurer
'Hrmph. Green dragon means poison and maybe worse. Some dragons are known to cast spells,' Cade growls. 'All I can offer is a sharp blade. As soon as all of you are rested, let's get moving.'

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Poison," says Lakeover. He opens his mouth to speak, but holds back. The last time he made this sort of decision, he was wrong, and people got hurt.

He bites his lip, and then says. "I have spells that can help against poison. They should be effective, but to get them would require us to wait several hours here. I've asked that of you before, and I was wrong then -- walking on water did not help us with the wyrm's lesser kin. But still, I can be more effective, for us now, if we wait that time. Otherwise, if someone has an idea for reaching the top, I would welcome suggestions."

"I thought the bit with the walking on water good," offered Pell, scuffing the toe of his boot and looking down. He looked up, his eyes bright. "If you've got a trick up yer sleeve, Gunny, I'm for waiting."

Remove ads