• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into The Future

Adrie

First Post
to me this seems like mostly like a bunch of people who are already friends getting together... why not as a Magi if one of the rooms could be used so it seems more open to everyone. perhaps they could post a message about it like they have done in the past with events happening?

I mean I might actually join in if I felt like it was truely open to me, then just those who rp together. thats just how it is sounding. As for late night Saturday night that is hard for me if falls on a weekend that I work since I go to work before the rooster wakes up

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Adrie said:
to me this seems like mostly like a bunch of people who are already friends getting together... why not as a Magi if one of the rooms could be used so it seems more open to everyone. perhaps they could post a message about it like they have done in the past with events happening?

I mean I might actually join in if I felt like it was truely open to me, then just those who rp together. thats just how it is sounding. As for late night Saturday night that is hard for me if falls on a weekend that I work since I go to work before the rooster wakes up

The thread is open to everyone, so is the event. Nothing blocks anyone from coming into Carpe DM or Ahoy! Adventure, and they're both more open for the outdoor idea.
The rooms have specific descriptions that aren't outdoors (except for the Garden - but, there are special rooms for planned events, so that the usual rooms can still be used by people who do not want to participate in the special event).
It may come across as people who always play together that are planning, but, what I'm seeing is the names of people who always post. :D

Of course, nothing says we can't ask Siani to use the CRT's event room (the name of which I always forget). And, even if we still have it in Carpe DM or Ahoy!, we can still ask to have the info about it posted. Doing so is a very good idea.

As to the timing, it's unfortunate for those of us who can't be on on weekend evenings (I can't either, for different reasons), but, the weekends are generally open to more of the majority. That consideration is part of why most of the threads regarding events usually include the question of when is best. Of those who answer (which, I know from trying to help on the Winter event, is usually a very low number of people), weekends are best.
Ha! Maybe those of us who usually can't be on for weekend evenings should do our own event! ;)

Stormy Skies

First Post
Unfortantly time wise I don't think we'll ever be able to cater to everyone around here. Our masses are literally to well spread out across the globe!

As for being an open event to everyone...It's meant to be! *Grins* Basically it will be set in the future, like it was in some huge clearing with a large bonfire and foods and drinks. *grabs the marshmellows*

Basically this is a great chance for us as players to show off what the probaly end of a storyline may look like. For example: Bhryn and Xanto are currently expecting......In 15 years will that child be as cheeky as his/her parents? DOES Ariel live 15 more years? Will Alek ever change back to a man or is Alie still around? Or even give people a chance to show how your character aged.....for example I think it would be haliarious to see someone like Siani with grey hair and a cane threatening to casterate all those "Damned Whipper snappers!" I don't know why but that Image came to mind and made me want to crack up! :lol:

Last edited:

Rain Cloud

First Post
This event however is still in the air for timing if there are any better ideas. And with the enligtenment of people not being able to get on, its why I'd like to do atleast two days of it, perhaps a morning event for those players and an evening event for everyone else. If thats eating up the Carpe DM room for too long then nothing is stopping the sunlight people from hosting there own event for fun. Id hope this thread at best encourages people to take some intitiative to do there own things, take their characters two what ever levels they would like to.

Another point to the comments made by Stormy there is what about the Elves..when 15 years is but a breath for them and they havent aged what will they do when seeing there friends? What about the children of the heros or villains? have people swapped sides and become evil or good? Did someone loose a limb or lover? Will people be angery, sad...ect to see there old friends. Will they be recoginzed?

See the posilibities are endless for fun here. If you cant make it to the event that im gonna go for DM over then im sorry but feel free to borrow the idea. My support is behind you. The best plots are always stolen anyways. My sugestions for doing something like this is pick a timespance thats not to far down the road unless your all playing long lived races where it could be plausesble to play 100 years down the road. And yes, this is going to soind cliquey but it has its point. TRY to get together alot of your characters freinds and encourage them to show up. YES other people can participate with it and im hoping other people will join but I want you all to be honest, If you get 10 characters to show up (and thats saying alot) and none of them knew eachother in the past then its going to be a bunch of lonely people sitting around going *(name) stares at the fire and sighs heavily while taking a sip of there drink* Which defys the point of the event. Yes yes meet knew people and all, PLEASE DO. maybe meeting someone new in the future will encourage you to meet them in the past, time is tricky like that.

As for eating up the Dm rooms I'll send a message to the Magi and see what i can do about it, perhaps ask to get a temporary room put up for us like they do with the Pegasus. I'm not trying to stomp on anyones ablitity to use the extra rooms here, im trying to offer something to pull together the community since reading recent threads and all the conflict i keep seeing going around bothers me to see people only pull together to fight. There end of rant. PLEAE don't respond to that part :) sorry i did that.

Feed me more ideas of what you would like to see go on at this shindig and what you would like to have happen.

Eryk

First Post
Now, I know I'm doing something dangerous here, but as "timing is still up in the air", I thought I'd venture to ask. I LOVE the idea of this event. Find it interesting in a lot of ways, and really want to attend. It's not weekends that are bad for me, however, it's that weekend in particular. It would just be highly unlikely that I could make it for a myriad of reasons. That being said, what's the thought on maybe moving it back a weekend, to, say, the 21st and 22nd?

BUT, as was mentioned before, I know that pleasing everyone when it comes to time is highly unlikely, so I'll withdraw the question if it opens up too much of a "well, I can't make that day, how about this day?" can of worms.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Hmm... my schedule changes radomly. But, since we're discussing the idea of doing this in two time slots, I can try to be the "host" for the 21st and 22nd, but, it would be in the afternoon (Central Time), not in the evening or night.

Stormy Skies

First Post
I don't see how changing the date back a week end would hurt anything, course I'll let Rainy speak for herself on that. And hosting it, Sure help could be used in that! If we get enough people we should be able to make it an all day event, keeping it open to those who are only on early morning or late evening as well! We want to get as many people as we can in thise and having fun, cause fun is what it's about.

Rain Cloud

First Post
Not a problem at all, gives people more time to do what they needed. I just threw a date out there and hoped it would work. so the 21st and 22nd of April works better?

Adrie

First Post
I think the idea of this is great don't get me wrong. but I just look at it from the devil advocate's point of view since thats what I'm great at doing :) I'd love to see what might happen to some in 15 years but one never knows if it will hold hehe. in my own RPing group we did something like this and we also did where we weren't back into time to change certain events both fun ideas

though I just think having a open posting of this on the main log in page like with other events will let others know who don't always check the board.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Adrie said:
though I just think having a open posting of this on the main log in page like with other events will let others know who don't always check the board.

And it is a good idea. But, before we make a posting, we need to know what to post. :)
So, figuring out the date(s) is important info.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads