• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into The Future

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Oh, I'll be there! Not as a Magi though. ;-)

As for an announcement, no problem. Send the text to the isrpmagi@gmail.com account and I'll post it. We wouldn't do that for a restricted player event, but this one is open to all and of very obvious general interest.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
From the Announcement: To be held for twelve hours from Saturday, April 21st, from 8pm Eastern Daylight Time, until Sunday, April 22nd, 8am Eastern Daylight Time.

Sorry, but that overnight time frame still leaves out this day bird. I know I said I'd help host, but, that time frame cuts me completely out.

I realize we're talking about this weekend, so, it may be a little late - but, can that time be tweeked? I don't think a 12 hour over night block quite gets what we were trying to do with having it over 2 days.
If the 12 hour block is a limit, could it be say, noon til midnight? That would catch the day birds, the evening birds and a bit of the night owls. It's not over two days (well, for some, it would be), but, it's in a more flexible period. At least from times that I've seen people on.
Or, if it's not a 12 hour limit, how about a full 24? 8 pm Saturday to 8 pm Sunday should definately catch most everyone - evening, late night, early morning, afternoon, etc.
Or, say, noon until 2 am?
If the 8 pm to 8 am is a done deal, *shrug* oh, well. Have fun and maybe I'll catch the next event. :)

Rain Cloud

First Post
Sorry if the time isnt perfect for anyone but i was trying to spit this out as fast as possible for everyone but apparently i worked to fast. Unfortunately i was working with hours i could do and be able to watch over the full thing myself. and the 8 to 8 was what ended up being able to be done. perhaps if a magi would be kind enough to alter this to 8pm till 10am? add a few hours on for those who cant make it during the others hours. I wont be able to mod it then but i suppose i can leave it in a friends hands.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
I am willing to help host. And I'm sure other's are. I certianly wouldn't expect one person to be on for the entire time. (Especially for the 24 hour suggestion). So, can we get some volunteers?

Or, do we necessarily even have to have someone there as a DM/Moderator/Host role? That was mentioned for Carpe DM and Ahoy! Adventure, because that's the rule for those rooms.
We're not limited to playing only when the Magi's are on, does our event have to have someone in that designated role?

If it does have to, I can help, but, only in the afternoon (Central time).
8pm until 10 am still doesn't help me any at all. I doubt it helps any of the other day timers either - I've seen the number of people on early morning on Sundays, and it's pretty low, if there's any on at all. (In other words, if we're not extending it to the afternoon, there's no point in adding 2 hours on the end of the 8 to 8 - so, get sleep or whatever! ;) )
If we do need to have a moderator/host type, and no-one else can help spread out the time, we could maybe pause the event, and I'll take over in the afternoon? I can't promise an exact time I'll be on, though. Generally around 1 pm for me (noon Eastern).

I'm sure this was probably covered and sorry for repeating old news, but I didn't have time (really patients) to read all the posts. I have some concerns about this even, I mean first off as was mentioned, 15 years will really mean nothing to elves and other long lived races, second, there are people that have already done changes to their character based on time, you're suddenly making them add another 15 years to what they've already done, and how about the new characters that have arrived and started rping here, their suddenly expected to age 15 years? Thirdly, some people have just started relationships with others, suddenly 15 years is thrust upon them. I don't really mean to critizise, but this will actually ruin a number of storylines for some people. I mean this idea might have been better when we had that big slow period of activity, but now when things are starting to happen and new characters are showing up, we're expected to have a sudden time warp. Perhapes this should be more carefully examined/explained out. I myself have added new characters here recently, aged up some of mine, and just recently had some of my characters start or work towards having, relationships with others, so I'm kinda seeing this as something a bit unfair to those various situations. Again, sorry for my critizism, but I just wanted to voice my concern about this event.

Kallikrates

First Post
You have a point Nathan.
But beyond your constructive criticism have you IMed, PMed, or E-Mailed the person(s) who's in control the characters that your characters are involved with?

I was thinking this just earlier today while in college. Crazy sad...for me...:p

Maybe you could gather something together with the person(s) you are involved with to set something up. Mayhaps set up an romantic relationship to be completely solidified fifteen years down the road OR on the other side they could become bitter exes and not stand to be with X distance of each other.

I'm just theorizing here.

I know that I'm going to have a situation with all my characters whom I age.
Namely because they are all somehow distracted by current problems that have many solutions. Oh well...I suppose I'll fathom up something.

Hope everyone else can too.

Ruthia

First Post
You know guys there is ONE simple solution to the whole "This might ruin storylines" problem.......DON"T BRING A CHARACTER IN THEN! And Yes Elves and other long lived won't have aged. But for petes sakes not EVERYONE plays an elf! SOME people acctually play things like humans.....funny ain't it? And if this was such a concern why wasn't it voiced when this thread was started....not AFTER Rain Cloud had already put the TIME AND EFFORT into making the event and passing it with the Magi and jumping through hoops to get it done. Same thing with the date/how long it runs. Why weren't these things brought up WAY before now????

It's not like this is mandatory and you HAVE to go. This is meant to be something fun and a bit goofy for anyone who has the time and would like to play something that doesn't involve mushy relationships and other what not.

And as for saying things are picking up with new characters. Um does it really count when out of 23 people on 11 characters are played by the same two people? Or then 6 to 7 of those said characters do nothing but sit in the lounge till their "friend" shows up??? Sorry but me personally, I'm on less and less lately. I was excited when Rain Cloud thought of this idea. Because it would be something intresting and differnt from everything else that normally goes on on site.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
(1) The time can be changed. Right now I'm still trying to get in touch with Gabe to find out when he can get the room up, because that would be a limiting factor. (I can open/close the room once it's there, but only he knows how to create one. ;-)).

(2) If my chars show up, I'm treating it as one of an infinite variety of possible futures. Just because they claim to be married or divorced or widowed or insane or demonic or whatever doesn't mean that's what's really going to happen. Have fun with it! Make up the most bizarre future possible and go with that, if you don't want to ruin a storyline by revealing the more likely ending. Or don't show up at all, no one is forcing you to. But don't ask people to call it off because you can't figure out how to make it work for your particular chars.

Ruthia

First Post
Thank You Tre. Yous my hero!!!

He's right. In all seriousness there isn't ANYTHING saying that what you rp out for this event HAS to be what happens. Heck I could RP Ru with Im as if their a happy couple with 30 kids yet something happens on the here and now and it turns out instead of happy, Ru's dead. Its just how it goes.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Sienna_Rose said:
I am willing to help host. And I'm sure other's are. I certianly wouldn't expect one person to be on for the entire time. (Especially for the 24 hour suggestion). So, can we get some volunteers?

Or, do we necessarily even have to have someone there as a DM/Moderator/Host role? That was mentioned for Carpe DM and Ahoy! Adventure, because that's the rule for those rooms.
We're not limited to playing only when the Magi's are on, does our event have to have someone in that designated role?

Regarding times, I am happy to allow the event to run into a twenty-four hour event. I can't specify exactly when the room will be shut down because it's not something I can set up automatically so if when I come it to close it it's still being used I shall in all likelihood be happy to leave it open for people outside the regular time zone to continue playing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads