• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into The Future

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Ruthia said:
. Same thing with the date/how long it runs. Why weren't these things brought up WAY before now????

Almost the entire thread has been about the date and time. It was decided it would be over 2 days - the 21st and 22nd. All I did was point out that the specific time frame that was posted in the announcement didn't really meet what had been discussed. That is not Rain Song's fault, and I in no way intended to imply that it was. It's amazing that she's willing/able to be on for 12 hours!
I was just asking if the time could be adjusted, and volunteering to help if the time was extended.

Gabe - Thanks for the room set up, and the willingness to let it keep on rolling! :) About my other question - do we necessarily have to have someone there specifically designated as a host/mod type? I'm sure we can figure out who will be in that role and when, if it is required.

Nathan - I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but, I'm too lazy to reread the whole thing. But, this event is not intended to affect story lines in anyway. It's more of a just for fun "What if" thing. :) So, as has been said between your post and this one - have fun with it!

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Sienna_Rose said:
Gabe - Thanks for the room set up, and the willingness to let it keep on rolling! :) About my other question - do we necessarily have to have someone there specifically designated as a host/mod type? I'm sure we can figure out who will be in that role and when, if it is required.

While desirable it will not be necessary for the room to have a specified host at all times, my understanding is that it is a one off themed social event rather than an adventure and so you don't need a DM, just players. :)

Ruthia said:
You know guys there is ONE simple solution to the whole "This might ruin storylines" problem.......DON"T BRING A CHARACTER IN THEN! And Yes Elves and other long lived won't have aged. But for petes sakes not EVERYONE plays an elf! SOME people acctually play things like humans.....funny ain't it? And if this was such a concern why wasn't it voiced when this thread was started....not AFTER Rain Cloud had already put the TIME AND EFFORT into making the event and passing it with the Magi and jumping through hoops to get it done. Same thing with the date/how long it runs. Why weren't these things brought up WAY before now????

It's not like this is mandatory and you HAVE to go. This is meant to be something fun and a bit goofy for anyone who has the time and would like to play something that doesn't involve mushy relationships and other what not.

And as for saying things are picking up with new characters. Um does it really count when out of 23 people on 11 characters are played by the same two people? Or then 6 to 7 of those said characters do nothing but sit in the lounge till their "friend" shows up??? Sorry but me personally, I'm on less and less lately. I was excited when Rain Cloud thought of this idea. Because it would be something intresting and differnt from everything else that normally goes on on site.
I'm not saying this should be canceled, truth be told I'd been waiting for an event like this, I was simply saying maybe more specifics should be set down on whom NEEDS to have their character change, and whom doesn't. I was thinking maybe characters that have been active for a year or more would need to, while those that haven't been active that long wouldn't, see what I'm saying, base whom would be expected to change based on the characters activity level and length of being around, but this is just and idea of mine, no need to except it

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Articifer Nathan said:
I'm not saying this should be canceled, truth be told I'd been waiting for an event like this, I was simply saying maybe more specifics should be set down on whom NEEDS to have their character change, and whom doesn't. I was thinking maybe characters that have been active for a year or more would need to, while those that haven't been active that long wouldn't, see what I'm saying, base whom would be expected to change based on the characters activity level and length of being around, but this is just and idea of mine, no need to except it

The idea is for it to be 15 years in the future. If you don't think the character you choose to bring will have changed in that amount of time (Elves wouldn't *physically* change - at least from aging, anyway - for example, but, may emotionally, depending on what you figure has happened), then, have that character arrive unchanged, and have fun with the reactions at seeing how much everyone else has (or hasn't) changed.
There aren't any requirements as far as what is supposed to have happened. It's all up to the individuals. So, change, don't change, whatever you like. :)
And, hey, if one person claims something big has happened in Ford's Keep that contradicts something someone else figures - well, they just got on split continuums.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I was uhm...under the impression that this event was just playing the part of 'possibilities' for a bit of fun. Everyone jumps up and down about saying that for long-lived 15 years aint much. Hey, speaking from recent experiences, one second can change your whole life no matter how long you plan on living! And as far as I can tell, the lives of most characters 'round here are pretty non-stop.

I have so many avenues for my characters, I dunno who I wanna show up as?!

Kallikrates

First Post
Same thinking here Ariel.
Most of mine will be old and decrepit.
I believe one may have a cane and yell out:
"You whipper-snappers! Back in my day we knew how to fight!"
*snickers*

Last edited:

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I have to be there, just to hear Kal say that! XD....

And I'm not cute...I'll deny that vehemently! Probably not gonna get me far though!

Rain Cloud

First Post
One: Who say's I'm a girl? *winks*

Two: Last warning people, the event is gonna be today so get set what you need set and get some idea's brewing before the room opens up.

Though it may not look like i will be there for not barely a person knows which characters i play *winks again* this should be fun to watch the progression. Enjoy the event and i hope this spurs more player hosted events in the near future.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads