• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

intoxication in d20 Modern

Prest0

First Post
I don't have my modern core rulebook handy and I'm hoping one of you can help out. Does anyone know of rules for intoxication in d20 Modern? Core rulebook or any other OGL source is fine. Specifically I'm trying to figure out the effects of intoxication on psionic vulnerability. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I can easily make something up, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

zenld

First Post
i dont know if there are any official rules for it, but C_Baize had some good d20 drunk rules at one time. cant remember where off the top of my head. i'll look.

might be on the intrepid heroes site. www.intrepidheroes.com

zen

Miyazawa Mizaki

First Post
Here are the rules. They effectivly make it next to impossable for anyone with a decent Fort save to become drunk and unlike Ref and Will saves you cannot volintarily fail them. This was made based on the fact that Alchohal is a type of Poison using the d&d posion rules.

Average DCs
Beer: DC 5
Wine: DC 8
Spirits: DC 11

For every failed save the next is made at an accumulative -1 penalty. Saves are automaticly passes if they can be passed on roll of 1.

The only official rules for alcohol intoxication I know of are from the D&D Arms and Equipment Guide. The rules translate to d20 Modern seamlessly, in a nutshell here they are:

Wine DC 11 or 12
Ale/Beer DC 10 to 13 (weak to very strong)
Spirits DC 11 to 15 (typical liquor to dangerously strong)

You make a fort save for each drink. The first drink consumed within an hour has no additional penalty, but each additional drink imposes cumulative penalties that double (-1, -2, -4 and so on to the saves). You can fail the save voluntarily.

On a failed save you take a 1d2 penalty to both Wisdom and Dexterity. If your WIS reaches 0 you pass out, if your DEX reaches 0 you're a drunken wreck who can't move but you're still conscious. If both reach 0 you can suffer alcohol poisoning. If you're in danger of Alcohol Poisoning you have to make a save with the DC of the strongest liquor you consumed, on a failure you take 1 point of CON damage per 10 minutes until the stomach is purged.

The WIS and DEX penalties disappear at a rate of 1 point per hour after you stop drinking. Neutralize Poison eliminates the penalties instantly, but not any feeling of a hangover (no game mechanic for hangovers, just roleplaying, but if you're dealing with big penalties you'll probably have one).

Remove ads