• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Introducing the PCs to their headquarters.

Ion

Explorer
So my new d20 modern game has started. The United Nations Elite Security force has started training a new multidiciplinary team (the PCs) to deal with anomolies found by the U.N. Minstry of Information.

They have completed their first assignment, and now it feels like they should get to know their home base (the old U.N. headquarters in Geneva), and the people who work there a little better.

What sort of adventure would be good for showing off the headquarters?

The PCs are level 2 and consist of a doctor, an aspiring field scientist, a gunslinger turned priest turned gunslinger, and a former member of the IRA. (dedicated, smart, fast and strong heroes)

Their first adventure involved some bones found in an Australian national park. (they were tourists torn apart by "Drop bears"--the result of genetic manipulation and mind control experiments done by the bad guys.)

Combat is always well recieved by my players, but I wouldn't want to do another "Monster of the week" adventure.

How would you introduce the PCs to the Geneva Headquarters?

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Well, in my pulp heroes campaign I introduced the PCs to their headquarters just by describing it to them. They came together because of letters each of them recieved instructing them to come to the building. The butler delivered their missions on notecards carried on a silver serving tray.

I "introduced" the headquarters, as a character itself and as a map, a few episodes later ... WHEN NINJAS ATTACKED ...

Yea, it was a pulp game. Ninjas crashing through the windows of a top-floor penthouse in 1930s NYC was totally appropriate. Seemed to gel everybody into thinking of it as "home". "Home" is what you defend with your life ... from ninjas.

--fje

KeithCrimson

First Post
My group is a team of Private Investigators and after their first session I worked with them to set up their office. I had them draw it out and run it by me for approval. This allowed them to get more into the game because they had a little more control over how their business worked.

Ion

Explorer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
"Home" is what you defend with your life ... from ninjas.

That is gold sir, pure gold!

The organization they are a part of is pretty big; I'm thinking maybe they get stuck behind a quarintine or something?

And if they are quarintined, then I only have to detail a smaller portion of the whole base, and can introduce it a portion at a time.

Maybe nanites or something? What would be a good reason to have the PCs quarintined?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Parasites.

Dopplegangers.

Mind control bugs.

Nannites.

Ghosts.

Terrorist take-over. Or ... Ninjas!

And others that I can't think of at this time.

^Graff

First Post
Have them work to root out a spy in their midst. Or when they're equipping themselves, have them get to know the quartermaster, the doctor, Q, and the secretary at the front desk.

Remove ads