Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dichotomy said:
After Gabriel's carrying-on, Rose turns and gapes at the bard with such a disgusted expression as to make the tiefling even more repulsive to look at than before.

"Are you going to be doing that a lot?" Rose hisses.
"Oh probably. We make an outrageously beautiful picture, don't you think, my unlovely Rose?

"Now, I believe we can spare a few scraps of time to marshal a plan, particularly for those less interesting in swaying minds. I'd simply hate for you to be bored," he says, smiling at everyone, his teeth seeming cruelly sharp. He will hopefully find an unused sitting room or something of the sort for them to do some plotting. "Loriel, what would you find easiest to feign? Shall we sell weapons or jewelry, or perhaps be singers or minstrals? Hanaav, Rose, Maug, what is your pleasure for this delightful endevor?"

reel_big_gish

First Post
Hanaav cackles with glee at Rose's disgusted remark until Gabriel's melodious voice interrupts his mirth.

"Unless you have some fancy magicks to make this old face look less like rotted leather and more like, well, something presentable, I'll tag along, out of sight, as it were."

Chortling to himself, Hanaav glances at the Maug. Gesturing at the stone monstrosity, he adds "It might pose a bit of a problem. Now I can make it look like it has clothing, if you can give it a face somehow. Bah. If I'm to be working with you Maug, I should at least know your name."

"Rosie's on his own though. I can't do too much for flesh and bones."

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
A cloaked figure stands in the back of the group, seemingly almost separate from the group. He watches the display intently, though no one would ever know this because his face, or lack thereof, is covered by the mask it wears. The mouth is curved downward in a smile and the only color among the mask is the single left tear dropping from the right eye, the blood red drop a startling contrast to the bright white surrounding it. Through the two holes is nothing but blackness.

The figure is garbed in dark clothes, the jacket it wears is long and embroidered richly. The are kept in excellent condition and there are no wrinkles, rips, or smudges upon the clothes. Coming up from beneath the jacket is part of the shirt the figure wears. The hood is wrapped loosely around the head, hiding everything about the figure's features that the mask does not cover.

"One must learn discretion," the figure finally says from behind everyone. "We each must find a way to fit in with the general populace without relying on others in case one of us is ever separated from the others. It does not matter if this is done through mundane or magical means."

Question

First Post
"Names are irrelevant. Call me whatever you want, as long as there is no confusion. I am unsuited for an infiltration mission, but i can pass off as a wizard's bodyguard if necessary." The maug says with cold rationality.

Shayuri

First Post
"Or a carnival freak," Loriel muses, her now-human eyes passing lightly over the assemblege.

"Gabriel, how do you fancy being a ringmaster? We'll need some of those caged carts, but that should be easy enough to procure. We'll simply find a REAL carnival and take what we need. As a traveling show, I think we could go where we will, and explain any manner of beauty and hideousness that travels with us."

She smiles. "And it would put us in a position to mingle with the common folk, and the local leaders. Much can be accomplished to sow chaos and weakness...turning one city against another so they are unprepared for the real threats to come."

Dichotomy

Explorer
After Rose hears Loriel's suggestion, the tiefling begins to giggle. It is a rather nasty giggle that occasionally sounds like a hiss. He carries on much longer than one would likely think necessary.

After a good long time, Rose abruptly stops. "It's brilliant," he says in a completely flat tone.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
"Hrm," says the figure. "That is an excellent idea. This would draw attention to our motley group without necessarily drawing suspicion. And of course we could earn money doing this as well," he adds, though the mention of money seems secondary in his opinion.

reel_big_gish

First Post
"An interesting course of action, to be sure, but perhaps we should wait until we've learned a bit more from these cultists. After all, if this world is in the midst of a war with our masters, they may not be interested in a travelling circus, or they may pay more attention to it than we would like."

"I think it might be better if you were to ingratiate yourselves with the local nobility. If you can use your wiles to get them to divulge the details of their treasuries, there exists a strong chance that Maug and myself can simply take everything valuable with none the wiser."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gabriel grins like a hungry hound at Loriel's suggestion. "A delightful suggestion. I haven't heard one that excellent since that one time in the City of Brass..." he says, and trails off, a lustful expression passing on his face before setting back in its usual amused hauter. "But yes, we can do a little preliminary scouting, perhaps as a much more plain person, or even not being seen at all. Zox Pox, you would be ideal for that, as usual. You can see if a carnival would indeed be welcome, check the status of the nobles, the usual drill."

Remove ads