• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisibility vs Greater Invisibility

CaptainCoal

First Post
I'm confused as to why Greater Invisibility is, well, greater. The effects seem to be about the same. Neither one allows an attack, though one says "the effect ends" (invis.) while the other says "the power ends" (greater).

What am I missing here? There is a slight improvement in range (5 vs 20) but is that enough to justify the difference in level? And why does the text vary if that's the only difference...

Any opinions?

CC

MindWanderer

First Post
Invis is Sustain Standard, Greater Invis is Sustain Minor. That means that you can do other things while maintaining Greater Invis--e.g. the wizard can make attacks while the invisible rogue sneaks around.

CaptainCoal

First Post
MindWanderer said:
Invis is Sustain Standard, Greater Invis is Sustain Minor. That means that you can do other things while maintaining Greater Invis--e.g. the wizard can make attacks while the invisible rogue sneaks around.
I think this, combined with the range (allowing the target to range farther) is it.

Thanks for the help!

CC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads