• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ioun of True Sight vs Hood of the Wolf...?

Tellerve

Ioun of True Sight, in the phb, page 249

vs.

Hood of the Wolf, in Dragon 364, page 47

Do you all think the Ioun stone is really worth the extra 2 million gold pieces?

Tellerve

Last edited:

StormCrow42

Explorer
The Ioun stone allows you to see all invisible creatures instead of just one. In addition, the Hood of the Wolf requires that you target the enemy in the first place, so it's not going to help you if your opponent is already invisible.

Tellerve

True, I know the Ioun is better, just not sure 2 million gold pieces better. That's what I'm asking. I know it is better.

StormCrow42

Explorer
The price difference is a factor of the overall pricing scale of 4e magic. Every 5 levels, the cost of magic items goes up fivefold. The Hood is a upper level paragon item, the Ioun stone a mid-high level epic item. When you're getting to that level, you're bringing in plenty of cash as well.

Tellerve

ahh, don't have that. downloaded the .pdf of dragon 364 from wizards site. I don't think 365 is up, and not really sure why they put the entire dragon 364 magazine up in the first place, but I'm not complaining.

Tellerve

Remove ads