• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

iPhone 4 opens up whole new possibilities for Dread

Kitesh

First Post
Anyone else watching the WWDC keynote? With the built-in gyroscope, Steve Jobs is demo'ing a Jenga-like game, and my first thought was "finally, now we can play online Dread!"

darjr

I crit!
I just keep thinking about what this could do for LARPING. Simply cast 'fireball' and your iphone and other players iphones figures out the range, who is in the area of effect, and how much they suffer.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
There are numerous PDF apps for the iphone / ipad. Heck, I do most of my RPG reading on the ipad these days.

Enforcer

Explorer
That's not minor to me, that is a big selling point.

Given the variety of PDF reading apps already available, we'll see if it's game-changing or not. I do like the idea of native, Apple-supported PDF viewing, however.

Given the other features of the iPhone 4, the PDF viewing is pretty minor though.

Festivus

First Post
Given the variety of PDF reading apps already available, we'll see if it's game-changing or not. I do like the idea of native, Apple-supported PDF viewing, however.

Given the other features of the iPhone 4, the PDF viewing is pretty minor though.

Wow, I wasn't aware you could read PDF on iPad. That's very cool. The iPhone is too small for pdf reading in my opinion.

Steel_Wind

Legend
That's not minor to me, that is a big selling point.

Indeed - not small at all. Especially as it will allow those docs to be added via itunes to your Idevice.

If you have ever had to kludge add a pdf file to your folder by e-mailing yourself a pdf fle attach via Gmail just to read it on your device with an external app -- this is anything but small. It's huge.

Not sure if this was added to the ipad - but kludge mail is currently the only way to get it to work on iphone/ipod touch. Total pain in the ass.

Awesome news (that should have been dealt with long ago).

Of course, the likelihood of I_virii has now gone to eleven. We'll deal with it, I guess, as best we are able.

darjr

I crit!
Email is not the only way to get a PDF to your iphone. I do agree that they are all kludges to some degree.

tenkar

Old School Blogger
I mostly use Dropbox or MobileMe to get my PDFs onto my iPad... pretty streamlined with GoodReader.

I used the Kindle DX for PDFs prior to the iPad, and all things considered it wasn't bad, but the iPad makes it a pleasure.

I'm a huge PDF user / advocate... the iPad is the best device I've used, hands down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads