• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E iPlay4e again? Yep: note editing, roll all button, email invites, link review system

jigsawsaint

First Post
Hello all,

We've just pushed another update to:

iPlay4e - play 4e Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) online!

New Features:

- Edit notes, traits, appearance, and companions (on the web or your mobile). This also functions as a stop-gap for other missing features, such as money editing, because you can always make a note.

- Roll All button rolls damage and eight attack rolls. One-click bursts and blasts.

- Link review system that finds and fixes bad URLs in dnd4e files. Examples include Hunter's Quarry, Warlock's Curse, etc...

- Email invites can optionally be sent when you add players to your campaign .

Bug fixes:

- Scrollbars missing on some netbook sheets.
- Google Wave gets hung authorizing some characters.
- XP not set correctly using File-Replace on a character.
- Huge search result sets no longer as huge and slow.

Also of note: we've hit 2000 users and our database of characters is now over 15,000 strong!

Cheers,
Andrew Reutter
iPlay4e - play 4e Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) online!

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So I see how you can upload a character, and roll attacks and damage with it.

How does this equate with playing D&D online? I didn't see a map, DM controls, or anything that allows you to actually play online.

Am I missing something?

SabreCat

First Post
That tag line is a bit of an overstatement. It's not a virtual tabletop or anything.

It is, however, a very slick little character management interface. I love the Compendium integration and embedding capabilities. Looking forward to when they implement character edit sharing between users!

jigsawsaint

First Post
That tag line is a bit of an overstatement. It's not a virtual tabletop or anything.

That's exactly correct. It's the title of the site when you browse to it, so that Google will turn up the site for search results and so on.

When you include a URL in a post here, it apparently goes and grabs the page title and includes it. I didn't intend it, and I'm sure not trying to mis-represent the site! Sorry if anyone feels misled.

All the things you mentioned are on the roadmap, though, and we've got a pretty good track record for continued development...

Cheers,
Andrew

Remove ads