• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E iplay4e online character sheets for desktop, laptops, iPhone, Blackberry, G1, etc.

jigsawsaint

First Post
Today's update of iplay4e blows open the gates for devices of all shapes and sizes! If you have a laptop, an iPhone, or any smartphone that supports Opera Mini (including Blackberries and G1s), you can use our interactive, state-tracking, compendium-linked characters to enjoy diceless, paperless D&D4e gaming.

Browsers now supported by iplay4e include:

- Safari 3 and 4
- Firefox 3
- IE 7 and 8
- Chrome
- iPhone and iPod Touch (Safari Mobile)
- Blackberry, T-Mobile G1, other Android devices (via Opera Mini)

Character tracking features of iplay4e include:

- Built-in D&Di Compendium browser for all skills, powers, and more (links on mobile interfaces).
- Dice rollers for all attack powers, skills, and ability scores. And plain dice for everything else.
- Hit points, conditions, temp HP and death saves.
- Power consumption and magic item uses
- Experience points and action points
- Nothing is every more than two clicks or touches away, even on mobile devices.

Character management features of iplay4e include:

- Upload dnd4e files from Character Builder and mark them private or public.
- Share your characters with specific other users.
- Search by level, class, race, power source, role.
- Download dnd4e files (or our third-party-friendly IP4XML format) for any character you can see.

Integration options include:

- Google Gadgets, Google Desktop
- Epic Words campaign manager
- Embed on any site using an iframe
- Output code for use on D&Di forums, Something Awful forums, and more.

We're in active development, which is entirely user-driven. Join our Forums (linked from the site) to keep tabs on what we're working on in the labs...

Hope you'll give it a try!

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Question Re: IP4XML;

Could I, using this XML, give a character, say, a feat I'd homebrewed? Or gotten out of a 3PP book? And would I be able to have it modify stats?

If so, where can I find a guide to using your IP4XML structure?

If that's the case, then you've got a user. The CB is great, but it's not friendly to prolific homebrewers.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that it works on Chrome, or at least appears to.

Last edited:

jigsawsaint

First Post
Question Re: IP4XML;

Could I, using this XML, give a character, say, a feat I'd homebrewed? Or gotten out of a 3PP book? And would I be able to have it modify stats?

Alas, we can't help you there. We generate the IP4XML file from the dnd4e file. IF you were to hand-edit the dnd4e, that would flow through to the ip4xml and therefore to your character.

The idea of ip4xml is to allow third parties to design new character sheet formats, not to replace the ddi functionality.

If so, where can I find a guide to using your IP4XML structure?

If your interest remains, just pull the "xsl=fullpage" or "xsl=jPint" out of the URL you're viewing - you'll see the raw IP4XML. It's self-documenting.

If that's the case, then you've got a user. The CB is great, but it's not friendly to prolific homebrewers.

Yeah, I am similarly frustrated.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that it works on Chrome, or at least appears to.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Siberys

Adventurer
I was wondering about hand-editing. I was thinking I might be able to open the XML in notepad and insert a few tags of my own, for instance.

Hell, IF that's viable, I'd try and code a web program to allow a more user-friendly interface for doing just that.

As for iplay4e (sorry for derailing, btw), if I ever do a core-only game, I'll use it. Unless I can hack into the dnd4e files and manually change them, though, it won't be of much use for my third-party and homebrew-heavy home game, unfortunately. :erm:

It's got everything but homebrew supported, which isn't the fault of iplay4e, but rather the CB's. I'll be recommending it to friends who play a more orthodox version of 4e. ;)

EDIT: I'd like to note, I have no interest in replacing the CB's functionality. Just add to it.

Last edited:

jigsawsaint

First Post
EDIT: I'd like to note, I have no interest in replacing the CB's functionality. Just add to it.

I didn't mean it like that; I just meant that we don't offer any sort of character building features, just presentation features. I should have said "extend" rather than "replace", as you noted.

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads