(IR) 3rd IR, Turn 1 - 2 (thread 1)

JohnBrown

First Post
Just for the record....

1. I have decided to stay and play

2. I did not get mad, jump up and down and cry until I got my way. If anything it was quite the opposite. Bonedagger had a brilliant plan and it worked. He had Iuz dead to rights and Edena ruled accordingly. I simply stated that with no Iuz, there would be no IBKSC. Rary, Ket, or Stonehold simply wouldn't have the power to hold an empire together under the current conditions. The Empire would fall apart and the indvidual pieces would be easy pickings for anyone who wanted them. That meant that there really wasn't any point for me to be involved anymore (or at least that's how I would of ruled events if I was Edena).

I state all of this because I HATE it when people start crying cause things don't go their way (The olympics this year has been painful because of it -- between Canada, Russia, The U.S. and South Korea, I don't know whos been worse). I would not want to give anyone that I am a sore losser.

At any rate, Edena has reversed his desicion, and asked me to stay. So I am staying.

Last edited:

Bonedagger

First Post
Hi guys.

It is hard playing Vecna. It's hard playing the guy who is so insanely powerfull as Vecna that he alone can decide who stays and who goes. I tried to make rules for myself. 'Don't kill other players PCs'. I tried to come up with an solution where I only would dominate a character- even only for a short time (Edenas idea). But it just wasn't enough. I don't want to be the judge who for some obscure reason chose to kick another player out- And the player has no choise about it.

The first plan was to confront Kas with Iuz in best 'now you see what it's like being betrayed by those you trust ' style and then kill him. And the domination trick was also the reason I didn't mind about people getting powerfull :)

I have learned a lesson about this. No matter what. Don't ever play a game where you have this power over the people you play with. It's no fun.

Having testplayed the rules I have a suggestion for a change. Remove 10th level magic altogether. Exeption: If people still want to you can still research but only for one effect. e.g. Being able to change the clima of a county or enchanting your people with extraordinary abilitys. It is, as now, to powerfull to be any fun.

I have found a solution with Vecna so that he doesn't have to play paranoid god anymore. Oh yes. And I know I have other reasons for not playing because I'm running low on time. But if I really would I could still find the time to play him. The true reason is above. It's no fun seeing other people quit because you made it hopeless for them (Well. It feelt like it was what happend and that's what counts).

I love the idea about this game though and people seems to have a lot of fun. I assume no one will see this as a defeat to the game. It will only become more fun not having to worry about that player that can kick them out. That power should be left only to Edena. If I have been a bit slow to react about this it is only because I haven't sleept this night.

-Now what?

Vecna will now leave this world having experienced it's chaos and felt himself loosing control. He will probably return when he has assembled the power to face all of these new foes :)

Feel free to comment.

-Bonedagger

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'm sorry to see you go (even if only as an active player). I liked your portrayal of the Uber-Lich, Good luck in all you do.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Stay and play. (I haven't had any sleep tonight either, I'm so tired I can't express myself properly. It's hard to keep this pace for long. I guess I know how you feel in that regard.) Err.. I.. eh, never mind. :)

JohnBrown

First Post
Bonedagger

I don't know how to say this any better....

You did nothing wrong. Your idea was good. As I have emailed Edena and you a couple of times, I was not mad. Suprised, yes, but not mad.

I was not pulling out because I was mad. I was not pulling out because I felt I was being treated unfairly. I was pulling out because I had lost -- fair and square to you.

Logically, Vecna would not have let Iuz live. Oh, he might have used him as a puppet for a while, but in the end Vecna would of killed him (Vecna and Iuz hate each other). Iuz's death would of meant the death of the IBKSC. This is a perfectly acceptable turn of events. There was nothing wrong with your actions or Edena's ruling on them.

John

Bonedagger

First Post
Hey guys. I didn't do this to cause a big scene. I just feel it was the right thing to do. Calm down and remember that I was only one out of 24 players. As Vecna I felt more as a NPC than a player because of the power (Argh. I told why above). And it will become even more difficult to play him now when I don't have so much time. Get on with the game :). This doesn't mean I don't like you :D

-Bonedagger

JohnBrown

First Post
Me too.....

Everyone,

I would also like to apologize for bring this thread to a screeching halt. If anything, my goal was the opposite.

Edena, you have worked very hard on all of this and I have seemed to mess it up. For that I am sorry.

Anyway, assuming everyone still wants too, I would like to continue with the IR.

Again, to everyone I am sorry,

John

Bonedagger

First Post
posted by JohnBrown
Logically, Vecna would not have let Iuz live. Oh, he might have used him as a puppet for a while, but in the end Vecna would of killed him (Vecna and Iuz hate each other).
Ahh. I didn't knew that:) I just planned on making Greyhawk an outpost of hell, Becoming a god (Gotta have ambitions:)) and turn all I had under my control into my demonlords of this world:D

Last edited:

Remove ads