• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 4)

Spoof

First Post
Umm, actually Forrester I do not know. When it has come to your plans I have been kept in the dark. All I know is that the Angels were assisting you, how I do not know, why you never told me.

Who right now can harm Toril? Who has 10000PL to pass your forces? You have already said the Angels have made seals in Realmspace that keeps the forces of destruction at bay, why would they still be needed? Who can slip into Realmspace without your knowledge?

Just so many questions, and so few answers.

And Dammit people I have NEVER SAID THE ANGELS WERE COMING. Why do you all insist that that is what I am doing? I have NOT had control over the Angels in this game so far, I have had nothing to do with them.

Last edited:

A breeze stirred up and a gust of wind blew through the conference. The wind strenghtend and with a Crackle she shifted in. Covered in purple, black and white flames she turned her behemoth body around. She looked as everyone present turning to see what news entered this.. tense conference......
She rose to her full hight and she looked down, and she went ablaze, covered in a inferno of shadowstuff and faerie fire, she rose even greater and when she looked up again there shifted more people in and with a roar a gate opened.
There Vaeregoth stood ablaze, surrounded by Myrmarchs covered in powered assault armor and glowing with a eerie red radiance. At her side there stood a Illithid and besides her head there hovered a Unseelie glowing a purple aura.

Surrounded by a circle of heavily armed Myrmarchs she stood, burning as the shadowstuff and the dreamstuff within her collided and faded out against eachother to only light up again as they continued to flame and battle eachotherwithin her only to be held in check by her massive psionic might.

She stood there, a burning enigma of Dreamstuff and Shadowstuff, a merging not possible and the colliding powers fueled her with even more energy.
Vaeregoth, the archon of twilight stands here, a burning enigma......

The Unseelie that flew at her side suddenly comes into motion and flies into the circle of representatives and emmisaries.

<<Vaeregoth, Queen and Mind of the Swarm was requested... here before you she stands. Speak!>>

After this the Unseelie flies back to his position and lands softly on the back of the massive formian body.

Vaeregoth sends out a telepathic message with a attempt to reach the mind of Alzem, he who requested for her.

<<Alzem......>>

-----------------------------------------------------

Vaeregoth has arived and she shall hear what you have to say if you have anything to say at all. Speak and the Minds of Millions shall listen to what you have to say. Speak and the Swarm will listen, speak and make the Hive Understand.

------------------------------------------------------

Forrester

First Post
If the Angels went away, and I spent most of my PL in industrialization, they wouldn't need 100,000PL. They might be able to get away with 10,000PL or 5,000PL and cause major trouble.

(Assuming they had 11th level magic.)

Spoof

First Post
So basically what you are saying is that if I have control of the angels I should leave them there, which would account for 85% of my forces so you could industrialize your civilization. Hummm now would you do that for me? I think we already know the answer to that as I asked you for basically half of that to help me.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ANSWERS

EDENA -- you said that anyone wishing to invade Toril with even a hope of success would need both a tremendous force *and* 11th level magic.

ANSWER: Yes, I did. About 100,000 PL.

Who of the "enemy" -- Mina, the Shade from the Plane of Shadow, the Army of Darkness -- can employ 11th level magic on Toril?

ANSWER: They cannot even perform 10th level magic on Oerth, Mina and her Knights, much less 11th level magic, much less 11th level magic on Toril.
The Army of Darkness is limited to 9th level magic.
The Shade assembling are limited to 9th level magic.
Mina, however, CAN employ 10th level magic - alone of her forces, she can do that.

I *ALSO* need to know whether the Angels will be allowed to leave during Turn 6, or whether they must wait until Turn 7.

ANSWER: I am releasing the Angels to act on Turn 6. Although I will play them, they will do as Alzem orders them to do.

I WISH TO TAKE BACK A STATEMENT MADE TO FORRESTER.

If the Angels head to Oerth, they will summon MORE Angels to protect Realmspace. Up to 90,000 PL worth.

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
I think what I am saying is that the Angels should remember that their responsibility is to Toril, not Oerth.

And that taking the entire force of Angels to Oerth will bring nothing but trouble.

Do what you will. Do me the small favor of letting me know precisely how undefended you will be leaving Toril this next turn, okay? (In email, please.)

EDIT--Based on Edena's post above, it seems as though the Angels will NOT be forgetting their responsibilities . . .

Forrester

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO FORSAKEN ONE

Mina turns, and speaks:

Hail, Vaeregoth, Queen of the Swarm!

The time has come for Oerthians and Krynnish to ally.
A new hour is at hand.
The Union of Worlds is formed.

(note - Acererak has now joined the Union of Worlds.)

The Union of Oerth, the Shade, Acererak and his Undead, and all the followers and Knights of the One God stand together, in the Union of the Worlds.

We would invite the formians, to join us.
We would invite the formians, with their incredible strength and ingenuity, to join with us.

Together, with our united strength, we can overcome the Army of Darkness, overcome those who threaten, and bring order and peace to the world.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Mina

Luna, missionary of the Emerald Order, believes she has been silent long enough. She stands up from her seat and steps forward, getting closer to Mina.

"The Emerald Order will never join in on your evil plans. The Emerald Order will not join in your attempt to take over Oerth. You may be strong and powerful and all, but the Good in our harts will not be corrupted this easily. We shall not give you our land, not now and not ever."

She calms down a bit, stepping back from the crowd. She awaits answer from Mina as she removes a bit of sweat from her forehead.

dagger

Adventurer
Edena can I have more information about the comment you made? Where are they located? Why have the joined me?

"They have also received a boost in that all the nations of AnaKeris have joined Dagger (PL over 100.) "

To the Emerald Order:

Glad to see the EO has grown past even my own expectations. We welcome you in our lands anytime, and support you to the end.

Remove ads