(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: To Kas (OCC)

Turrosh Mak said:

What exactly do you mean by "temporary Residence"?

Sigh

If you can Reach my lands, before the big one kicks off you my make your camp western border of my Ulek terretory. I don't want 5 million fanatical warriors running around my country. I've finaly managed to restore order and I don't think your army of undead warriors will help keep people calm...

Then we could perhaps arrange for moving the Legions to Aerdi with our two navies?

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
If Edna allows it then teams of powerful spell-casters will be sent out to make allied ships and citadels the flying sort.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: Re: To Kas (OCC)

Serpenteye said:

The we could perhaps arrange for moving the Legions to Aerdi with our two navies?

This might be arranged, I don't want you in the pomarj, as you are Marked by vecna, who I also don't want here.

Rhialto

First Post
In a darkened room, four people sat. Though they had sat there for some time, they did not dare seem impatient. When waiting for the powerful, it is best to remain calm, and friendly.

Finally, a tall, majestic man entered, followed by a woman whose face wore a distracted air. One of the four rose, and spoke in a whispery, unpleasant tone. "All rise in the presence, of the Most Serene High Master of Darkness." The others did so, with a great deal of official decorum.

The individual so named smiled. "I thank you, Master of Shadows. So then, have you any news on the sendings...?"

The Master of Shadows bowed. "They are magic, and they are powerful, but beyond that, I do not know..."

The Mistress of Black Foxes spoke up. "There is unrest everywhere. Talk of wars, and age-old enemies..."

The High Master of Darkness raised his hand. "That is to be expected. And while much will occur, now is not the time to think on that... No, what concerns me are the Sendings. The Whisperer of Dark Words swears it is important..."

A young-looking man with a rather rakish expression spoke up. "The Whisperer of Dark Words is mad."

The Mistress of Black Foxes turned to him, angry. "Show no insolence, Master of the Venom Knife. You may outrank me, but you have no right to speak insults of her..."

The Master of the Venom Knife shrugged. "It was not an insult, it was a statement of fact--my cat is clawed, your canary is feathered, the Whisperer of Dark Words is mad." He gestured at the Whisperer. "Look. She's drooling right now."

The Whisperer glanced up, excited. "The Sendings bring Chaos. Chaos weakens bindings. As bindings weaken, things fall apart, and our master is freed..."

The fourth of the chamber's original inhabitants, a tall stately lady, spoke up. "May His Dark Will be done..."

All nodded and spoke together. "May it be done..."

The High Master of Darkness spoke then. "Power is being loosed here--mysterious power. We must use this power, while the chance is given to us."

The woman who had spoken nodded. "But subtly. And quietly."

The High Master nodded. "Indeed, Mistress of the Frost. Indeed." He glanced at the Master of Shadows. "I want you and yours to try and find out what's at the source of this. Once found, determine if it is enemy, or ally..." He turned to the Mistress of the Black Foxes. "I want your spies to uncover the doing of every court and power. Who stands with whom, and what do they stand for? This information will help us..." He glanced at the Master of the Venom Knife. "Have your men kill various minor officials--lesser nobles, low temple priests, that sort... Leave evidence that it is the work of others--enemies of the states, dark powers. It should be there to find, but not too obvious, or some will grow suspicious...." He glanced at the Mistress of Frost. "And as for you, continue the bindings. Your project has become very important..." With that he headed to the door, guiding the Whisperer of Dark Words with him. At the doorway, he turned and raised his fist. "May Darkness reign!"

The others raised their fists in reply. "May Darkness reign."

Bonedagger

First Post
The two sharp white lightspots that fills Vecnas eyesockeds for a moment becomes even sharper as he is hears Kas's message. He would maybe even have smiled if he could. "Eager as always, dear Kas." He thinks. He walks over to the pedistal made of celestial bones. On top is a timeglass. He's hand pauses for a moment as he was about to turn it. He looks at the small sandcorns. They are in fact tiny jewels with souls from some of his first enemies. He has forgotten who they were. It doesn't seem to matter anymore. He turns the glass.

He looks up and the two Ultroloths standing in the background bows and walks of to do his will.

Outside the screams of some innocent desertdwellers can be heard as they are being turned into living spare parts for the shocktroops.

Last edited:

Standing infront of his mirror, Hellmaster Phibrizzo continues to draw upon his vast planar allies, his people, the slaadi, his allies in chaos-the demons, and the greedy chromatic planar dragons.

Instead of his room though, Hellmaster Phibrizzo feels as if he is standing infront of an auditorium, the audience being his planar allies in question.

"Friends, companions! Now is the time to show yourselves to this world. For eons you have dwelt in confinement on the planes-some of you being slain by haughty adventurers from this realm, some of you being summoned to their leisure! No longer! This order shall cease to exist, and the only order is in us, chaos! I call you now to join me for my cause, no, our cause, you bring your strength and i'll bring the victims. Blood shall reign down for months on end, and for the dragons, the treasure of their alter ego brethren. Demons and my people, you shall see the chaos through the land, our Slaadi shall implant all we capture, the demons shall wreak revenge upon this world. We shall all do this together!"

Phibrizzo steps down the podium, then steps back up, this time he is surrounded by what seems to be hardened veterans, no doubt the warlords.

"Your people shall see the war they crave, the blood-the treasure. My allies will be coming to aid us, from the very fires of the abyss and from pure chaos! We shall be victorious without question!" At each statement the warlords cheer, "Pillage and Plunder! We shall weed out the weak from the strong! And you shall go down in history for all your people to follow!"

As Phibrizzo steps down once more, he is back in his room. A wide smile shows on his face as he turns into the form of a child again.

(Basically summoning my planar allies, and getting my warlords into a frenzy)

Anabstercorian

First Post
More stuff!

Aboleth ambassadors travel to the Deepwater league, and powerful and very imposing human ambassadors move in to the Quaggoth Fells and the territory of Iuz. Their message is simple.

"We are initiating a new period of zero tolerance against intrusion in to our territories. Any of your citizens or troops who pass in to our territory shall be killed, no questions asked. This is necessary for security during out new campaign of magical development. Don't say we didn't warn you."

That's all.

Deep in his chamber, Anabstercorian chuckles.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sitting alone in a small room with large windows behind him, Kessel sits in a black leather chair with a smirk upon his face. Beyond that, his gnomish features show no expression.

As he sits, he expertly swings out an ace of clubs from his sleeve and flings it at the wall. It lands softly on a built-in bookshelf, covering a small square of dustless space - exactly the size of the card, and in the same position.

"An ace up my sleeve," he muses. "A most interesting metaphor. It works on so many levels."

He then swipes a piece of parchment from his desk, and the pen he used earlier. He considers them for a moment, and puts them away. He then calls in a courier.

"Prepare the summoning chambers, and all that other magic... equipment. We're going to get our friends in the Inner Plane of Earth to help us out, as it appears that we are going to need it rather soon..."

The courier nods quickly, and runs out the door, shutting it swiftly behind himself.

Kessel returns to gazing out the window in darkness.

"An ace up my sleeve... and there's four more where that came from..." He pauses, and looks towards the door. "Get the modrons and formians, as well! Tell them that chaos is about to be spread throughout our technological lands. Only they can prevent it... or somesuch. Come up with something suitable - so long as they come, I don't care. Just don't give out anything very important."

---

He turns to the desk once more, and resumes his grasp upon the pen.

To Kas, he writes slowly in fine, delicate common, we are not enemies with you. We have no quarrel with you, as you have stated before. Thus, we would appreciate your staying out of the Lortmils. We will allow ambassadors to enter our lands, of course, but I mean no military action entering our lands. I hope you understand - our technology is delicate and cannot be disturbed. Thank you for your understanding. - Kessel GnomeWorks.

"Courier!" Kessel yells, and yet another courier dashes into the room. "Send this to Kas, wherever he is. Ensure that he gets it." He says, sealing the parchment with his seal - a large, ornate K intertwined with a G and a W. "And don't get yourself killed on the way."

The courier nods rapidly, and dashes out the door in the same way as the last did.

Kessel chuckles, and resumes looking out his window darkly, deep in thought.

William Ronald

Explorer
(Hmm, I was under the STRONG IMPRESSION that the only way through the Hellfurnaces and the Crystalmists was going through Ket. Based on what Edena said. Regardless, I think I should post. This is what I get for having to leave for a few hours.:D)

The Kevellond League member nations try to calm their populations. We order that we will not engage any forces until we see obvious signs of hostility. For the present, any marching forces are allowed to pass - so long as they are not harming our population. Troops will not engage in suicidal charges, but rather report to their commanders.

We use our magical and non-magical resources to determine where an army of several MILLION people are.

Efforts are made to ascertain where the Legions of Kas are and the location of Vecna based on the message of Kas. As well as possible, ambassadors are sent to speak with both personages to learn of their true intentions. The Kevellond League asks that the ambassadors be treated with respect and returned. The league currently has no quarrel with either party, but urges any moving armies to respect the peoples of the Kevellond League. We seek to treat all with the respect that is their rightful due.

To the Lortmils Technomancy: We wish you had told us what you were doing. We believe in your essential good will, and doubt the message of this so-called Wanderer and this person from the Church of Shade. For all we know they may be the same individual. We are willing to assist our good neighbors at this time.

To Turrosh Mak, Emperor of the Pomarj: I was not aware of the activities of the gnome. My ambassador assures me that he has seen no evidence of powerful weapons aimed at the Pomarj. We respectfully suggest that you begin negotiations. I would be honored to receive your ambassador, despite our past differences. What do you know of this person who claims to be the legendary Kas?

To Thayadon Fafsoni of the Sky-Sea League: I am pleased that you are offering to assist the Uleks. The Kevellond League wishes you to help locate the forces of Kas. I also would be honored by any assistance in my lands. We would welcome honorable allies in these strange times.

To all of Oerth, we say wait and determine the truth for yourselves. You know our reputation for honesty. We will share what we learn of these Torillians with the world. For now, we ask all warring parties to stand down. We need to determine if Oerth itself is threatened and by whom. We will not strike anyone unless we have evidence that someone will strike us. We urge those who will to join us in our conferences.

To Iuz the Old: What do you know of these matters? Has Vecna indeed returned? What do you know of Toril? We are willing to cease any hostilities with you in exchange for you doing the same.

A message from Archcleric Hazen is sent to the representatives of many lands:

"We will seek to learn the truth of these sendings and ask you to do likewise. The Kevellond League has no quarrel with either Vecna or Kas at the present time. We urge them to respect our citizenry. If they wish to fight, that should be a matter solely between them. The Kevellond League bears neither party ill will. Instead we urge them to respect us and their neighbors. If the Empire of Aerdi wishes to welcome Kas and his troops, it is there matter. Indeed, nations have the right to make the alliances that they chose. However, we do ask all who will to join us in discussing these grave matters.

As a show of good faith, we state that we will not attack unless we have clear evidence of an attack to be launched against us. We are prepared to defend ourselves from all hostile parties.

For now, we must consider the nature of these Torillians. Any who have information are urged to share it. We urge those who wish to contact our league send their messages to us. Lord William Ronald of Keoland, speaker for the League, will greet your ambassadors personally. We offer them our hospitality. Perhaps together we can discern the best course to take for the future of Oerth."

Mr. Draco

First Post
very well then GnomeWorks, my armies will go around the Lortmils Technomancy.

William Ronald: what message do your couriers bring me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads