(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 4)

Edena, how much time has passed from the end of last battle, because this turn lasts a year, AM I able to rebuild my nuclear arsenal? Do I have a pl increase for my entire nation merging with Red Goo, do my NPC`s also grew in power?

Edena, in the territory I conquered on Athas, I do the same Red Army intended to do on Oerth, ENTIRE population becomes a part of my Red Army, and everything else, even animals and landscape. If 3 million Red Warriors are worth 100 000 pl, than I should be pretty powerful, especially that Athasians are NOT prepared to battle Red Scourge, I don`t think that their mostly ground forces can cope with great numbers of Red Goo catapults firing at them, can they Edena?

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Veiled Alliance views all this talk of Gods with skepticism.
They see Iuz is powerful, and the God Emperor is powerful.
But they seem rather quite reluctant to kneel and pray to them.

Iuz is willing to free them from the yoke of the Tyranny of the Sorcerer Kings... and bring them to academic and magical freedom... to his Hidden Retreat if they are willing to accept...

"I seek only to learn... you are powerful... perhaps we can learn from each other... set aside the deific overtones... and let us learn as brothers... sisters... as equals..."

Response to Siobhan:

-Silly girl, I AM part of Red Scourge now, and I embrace it! Than he smiles and gives a passionate kiss to Siobhan:

-Come, I will teach you the meaning of word pleasure!

Last edited:

Edena, what are the Psions on Athas? Are they unified in a league or something? If so I'll contact them with 1 offer, escape if necissary to me.

Btw I do have 10th now right? Then I'll start on some toys and mythals and get them over to you.

Black Omega

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Veiled Alliance views all this talk of Gods with skepticism.
They see Iuz is powerful, and the God Emperor is powerful.
But they seem rather quite reluctant to kneel and pray to them.

The Dragon-Kings send a message back, via psionic sending, to Oerth:

TERMS OF YOUR SURRENDER:

All Powers of Oerth will surrender unconditionally to the Dragon-Kings.
All people of Oerth become the property of the Dragon-Kings.
All property on Oerth becomes the property of the Dragon-Kings.
All magic on Oerth becomes the property of the Dragon-Kings.
All psionic artifacts become the property of the Dragon-Kings.

PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY:

Death by Sphere of Annihilation.

THE CHOICE, IS YOURS.

Dear Dragon-Kings,

Get stuffed.

Sincerest regards,
Siobhan Silirevnur,
Glittering White Flame of Titania
Emissary of the Seelie

Black Omega

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Response to Siobhan:

-Silly girl, I AM part of Red Scourge now, and I embrace it! Than he smiles and gives a passionate kiss to Siobhan:

-Come, I will teach you the meaning of word pleasure!

Siobhan does manage a laugh then a shake of her head, while smiling "Ah..thanks forthe offer,but I've been getting all I can handle there. And you know, sir. You never did really answer the question. Is being part of the REd Goo all you really want? I'd thought you more ambitious.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 11TH LEVEL MAGIC? SOME ANSWERS.

First of all, forget what you can do with 11th level magic, during a Turn.
I mean, FORGET IT.

Don't think in terms of Turns.

Think rather ... in terms of POSTS.

Think in terms of what you can do, in a single POST, with 11th level magic.

That is to say, these represent the limits of what you may post you are doing with 11th level magic - in one, single post.

Each and every post you place on the boards, allows you to do everything listed, up to the limits given.

Each and every post, you can do ALL of the things listed below.

OFFENSE:

You may attempt to destroy an area of Oerth the size of Furyondy.
You pick the kind of attack - use your imagination concerning the attack form, what it does, and why it works.

The Rain of Colorless Fire and the Invoked Devastation are examples of this kind of attack.

You may throw a Catastrophe on an entire enemy Power - all his countries are subject to major destruction (but not total destruction, as per above.)
You pick the attack form, be it storms of acid, great lightning bolts raking across the land, enormous explosions, etc.

You may create a Sphere of Annihilation the size of a city.
You may create it anywhere you want.
It will begin sucking away all matter around it like a vaccuum cleaner, until everything within 100 miles of it is eliminated (it will destroy the atmosphere of the planet if cast on the surface.)

You may conjure very large amounts of fusing matter from the sun.
Enough for an explosion of one hundred million megatons (the same size as the IRL explosion that killed the dinosaurs.)

You may take any spell of 9th level or less, and cast it within infinite range.
You want to hit Toril with Meteor Swarm? You can stand on the surface of Oerth and do just that.
You can strike with EXACT precision - the 11th level magic allows you to see the target perfectly.

You may locate anyone anywhere.
It does not matter where they are, be it in a Pocket Dimension, another Plane, the deepest infinity of the Astral or Ethereal Plane.
Even those shielded by 11th level magic cannot hide from you.
Those in Temporal Stasis, Time Stop, who are dead, or in other extraordinary circumstances can still be located.
If a being is lacking a soul, you can locate the soul (a lich's phylactery can be easily found, and if you see a Clone of someone, you can trace the original.)
If the soul is in the Upper Planes, you probably won't be able to strike at it, but you will know where it is.

You can kill an enemy host in one particular place.
You can kill a particular person or being.
Permanently.
There is NO returning, by ANY means, EVER, from this death.
(The above does not apply to PCs. They are killed, but can return with 11th level magic. The above does apply to NPCs.)

You may throw an illusion around an entire country, and completely alter reality within that area in one way of your choosing (gravity can be reversed, metal can be made to flow, liquid can be made to freeze, oxygen can be made into a deadly poison, the air can be turned into solid rock, all carbon can be removed from the area, etc.)

If you are illithid, you can call the Elder Ones (PL 100,000.)

If you are evil, you can call the devils or demons (PL 100,000.)

If you are neutral, you can call the Modrons or Slaadi (PL 100,000.)

If you are good, you can call the Celestials, Guardinals, or Eladrin (PL 100,000.)

(You can only do the above 10 times per Turn.)

You can tear an ocean from it's bottom, and throw it up onto the land (tsunami 3 miles high.)

You can blast apart a mountain range the size of the Yatils.

You can cause an area of land the size of Furyondy to sink, allowing the ocean to rush in and flood it forever.

DEFENSE:

You may attempt to stop ANY of the attacks above.
You may attempt to protect an allied Power from any of the attacks above.
You may attempt to protect any Power from any of the attacks above.

I stress the attempt. If you spread your defenses out too widely, and the attack is concentrated enough, it will get through.

You can stop any nuclear or antimatter attack.
You can nullify nuclear fusion in your Power, rendering your nuclear weapons and antimatter weapons, and any incoming weapons, permanently inert.
You can prevent the transportation of material from the heart of the sun to your land.
You can halt Groundpounders in their tracks, and you know automatically when one is about to be fired.

You can give all of your people the full benefits of Lifeproof.
You can give all of your people a 40 in all of their stats.
You can give all of your people the ability to survive in any environment.
You can give all of your people innate spell-like abilities of 9th level or less.
You can change all of your people into another race or type of being of your choice - anything short of a demigod, singular dragon type, demon lord, devil prince, Angel, or the like, and they gain all of the abilities and powers of these creatures, in addition to their own.

You may raise an entire army of yours from the dead (up to 100 PL per post.)
This works automatically unless they were killed by 11th level magic.

You may raise 100 PL of dead from the graveyards of Oerth, per post.
No limit. People have been dying for thousands of years on Oerth. There are plenty of dead to raise.

MISCELLANEOUS:

You can know instantly where everyone else, and what everyone is doing. You are, in effect, omniscient like Mina.
Other players MUST reveal to you their plans (any e-mails sent to me, get put on the board at once.)

You can know what enemy PCs are thinking, unless they are defended by 11th level magic, either from themselves or a friend.
If they do not willingly state their thoughts on the board, I will do it for them - guessing as well as I can what they are thinking.

You can safely use any artifacts.
You can safely destroy any artifacts.
You may attempt to create artifacts that produce 12th level effects. This is dangerous.

CONCLUSION:

You may do other things of equal power to this.
Your imagination, and almost the sky, is the limit.

Although you cannot prevent other Powers with 11th level magic from knowing what you are doing, you MAY still do those things, and use 11th level magic to protect yourself while doing them.

Remember, you can do any or all of the things mentioned above, EVERY POST, not per Turn.
Considering each Turn has at least 400 Posts, that means you can do quite a lot.

COMMENT:

Why did I just write what I did?
Consider this, folks:

There are only two published 11th level spells.
One of them is Mavin's Worldweave. A single caster, using it once per day, could convert the climate over an area of 200 square miles from arctic to equatorial in only 5 days.

Another spell is Proctiv's Breach Crystal Sphere.
As you know, there is no known way to alter Crystal Spheres at all - even a sun going nova will not affect the Crystal Sphere it is in.
Yet, Proctiv's Breach Crystal Sphere will open a hole in one, or close that hole.

In other words, 11th level magic transcends all the rules of the game.
With 11th level magic, a single spellcaster can set himself or herself up as God.

But we are not talking about a single spellcaster.

If your Power obtains 11th level magic, it is assumed that THOUSANDS of your mages are high enough in level to cast 11th level magic.

If one mage, working with 11th level magic, can set himself or herself up as God, then what can thousands of them working in concert do?!

Thus, the obviously ridiculous article above.

I have no choice ... I MUST allow those Powers with 11th level magic omniscience, the power to destroy whole countries with a single post, the power to strike infinite distances, the power to do almost anything.

The ONLY check on this Power, this incredible magical power, is you.

For, on Turn 7, the following people will gain 11th level magic:

Alzem (effectively on his own side.)
Anabstercorian (effectively on his own side.)
Black Omega (Alliance of Oerth.)
Mr. Draco / Serpenteye (Union of the Worlds.)
Forrester (effectively on his own side)
Forsaken One (on his own side)
Kalanyr (Alliance of Oerth.)
Mina and her Army. (Union of the Worlds, under my control.)
Valkys (On his own side, under my control.)
William (Alliance of Oerth.)

And perhaps others.

The only check on the power, is yourselves.

There is no check on me at all.
Except for my own principals.

- - -

You can eliminate the Red Goo with 11th level magic, over an area the size of a country, with a single Post.
Enough posts, and you can eliminate it permanently.

However, if someone wishes, they can create Red Goo over an area the size of a country, with a single Post.

There is one thing you CANNOT DO with 11th level magic.

You CANNOT affect the Mists. Or stop what the Mists are doing, by casting 11th level spells.

They ONLY way you can stop the Mists, and the Touches is ... well, you know that very well.

Black Omega

First Post
Additionally...we'll be trying to increase the healing power of the Oerth blood, to enhance it's healing properties and use 10th level magic to slowly create more. Idealy, look for a way to magically enchance the Oerth blood so it can destroy the red goo acting like antibodies..starting along a vein of the red stuff and following the flow, cleansing as it goes.

And just to be safe, make sure Melkor's not passing along virii, tiny particles of red goo or anything else while the sneaky little bastich was stealing that kiss with Siobhan.;)

And last, to Kas.
------------------------------------------------------
A magical sending from the Vesve to Kas the Godslayer

"Greetings from Siobhan Silirevnur of the Seelie. Thanks for your visit, I regretI was not present at that specific time to give an answer. You asked 'Any bright ideas?'. I can only say I'm working on that. With divination magic and simple experimentation. If I happen upon anything that will reverse this mist or the red goo I'll let you know instantly. Regretfully, beyond that no bright ideas have come to me aside from what we have already been working on. If you have any suggestions, I'm more than happyto listen. Until we talk again, farewell."

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, can a faction with 11th level magic protect its plans from other factions with 11th level magic, so that every email is NOT posted on the boards and such?

Remove ads