(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 1b)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
I toned it down just a lil, but note that your Cydians are much stronger physically and that admixtured delayed blast thing isn't an weak ability, either.

It was mostly that I took one look at the original, saw DCs in the 70s for domination effects for everything within 300 ft, and my eyes nearly jumped out of my head. You didn't need to change around the entire thing.

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
Mr. Draco said:

You expect us to relinquish 11th level magic forever? What sort of fools do you take us for?

First you begin an unprovoked attack against us, when we had comitted NO CRIME against you. Then you state that you will only stop your attacks when we make ourselves completely defenseless.

We had no qualm against any in the Oerth Alliance until now. We were engaged in bringing a known criminal to justice, (not you anab) a criminal that has comitted great crimes against life. We were also and still are engaged in the metamorphoses of our populace into a race free of evil.

You took the opportunity to attack us. In doing so, you isolated a possible ally in the battles for survival!

Let us propose different conditions.

You return ALL of the mages/clerics/psionists that you have imprisoned along with all of their items, spellbooks, etc, and then we can go back to peace. We won't hold your attack against you. We can each go back to working against those opposing life.

What do you say to that?

Please do not declare war on the entire Oerth Alliance for the acts of one over-millitant Sollar.

Mr. Draco

First Post
kaboom said:

Please do not declare war on the entire Oerth Alliance for the acts of one over-millitant Sollar.

We have no intention on declaring war on anybody in the Oerth Alliance, unless they attack us first. After all, we want peace so we can quicken the enlightenment of our people through Cydian Metamorphoses, thus purging them of the burden of evil.

Speaking of which, exactly what is the opinion of the Oerth Alliance about the actions of one over-militant Solar?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Mr. Draco,

I don't know what everyone's opinions are, but I frankly don't give a damn. Not that I'm for attacking you without being provoked, but I honestly have nothing to do with you till you decide to invade me or you aid me in some other way. I also don't have very strong relations with most of my allies, except maybe William. Thats because I keep email contact with him. Him and Sollir are the only two people I can confirm I get an email from at least twice a day.

If you want more to do with me, tell me, and maybe you could shift my opinion. The same applies to anyone who is against you, however.

Look at Melkor, he wants peace, but he waits and waits to actually try diplomacy with me. He might contact other people, but I havn't seen it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Something strange came up while doing the Mana Fortress information. One of the Elementals I need is a shade "element" and a Black Pudding of colossal size. I have the pudding, but do I need Melkor to turn both into a shade creature?

I just need one, to be the guardian of the 7th seal.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Three Guardians of the Mana Fortress Complete

THE MANA GUARDIANS
Undine, Elder Water Elemental
Colossal Elemental (water)
Domains: Water
Hit Dice: 64d8 + 960 (1216 hp)
Initiative: +20 (+16 Dex +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 20 ft., swim 90 ft.
AC: 36 (-8 Size, +16 Dex, +18 Natural)
Attacks: Slam +59/+54/+49/+44/+39/+34/+29/+24/+19/+14 melee or Daedalus Lance +59/+54/+49/+44/+39/+34/+29/+24/+19/+14 melee
Damage: Slam 4d12 + 23 or Daedalus Lance 2d4 +34
Special Attacks: Water mastery, drench, vortex
Special Qualities: Elemental, damage reduction 25/+5, fire immunity
Saves: Fort +49, Ref +34, Will +28
Abilities: Str 48, Dex 42, Con 41, Int 26, Wis 31, Cha 31
Skills: Listen +68, Spot +68
Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (slam), Power Attack, Sunder, Improved Initiative, Alertness, Skill Focus (listen), Skill Focus (spot), Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Trident)
Daedalus Lance (Minor Artifact)
Primary Abilities
Casts reverse Gravity on Strike (DC 15)
X2 Damage against oozes
Confuses enemies on Strike (DC 20)
Casts sleep on enemies on Strike (DC 20)
Strength gets a +2 magical enhancement
X3 Damage against Dragons
Trident of Warning and Fish Command: A weapon of this type enables its wielder to determine the location, depth, species, and number of hostile or hungry marine predators within 240 feet. A Trident of Warning must be grasped and pointed in order for the character using it to gain such information, and it requires 1 round to scan a hemisphere with a radius of 240 feet. The trident has a 6-foot long haft and enables its wielder to cause all water dwelling animals within a 60-foot radius to make a Will saving throw (DC 22). Animals failing this save are completely under the empathic command of the wielder and will not attack her or any of her allies within 10 feet of her. The wielder can make the controlled marine animals move in whatever direction she desires and convey messages of emotion to them (in other words, fear, hunger, anger, indifference, repletion, and so on). Animals making their saving throw are free of empathic control, but they will not approach within 10 feet of the trident. A school of fish should be checked as a single entity. Otherwise this weapon is treated as a +5 Trident.

Gnome, Elder Earth Elemental
Colossal Elemental (earth)
Domains: Earth
Hit Dice: 64d8 + 990 (1246 hp)
Initiative: -1 (-1 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft.
AC: 25 (-8 Size, -1 Dex, +24 Natural)
Attacks: Slam +61/+56/+51/+46/+41/+36/+31/+26/+21/+16 melee or Doom Axe +61/+56/+51/+46/+41/+36/+31/+26/+21/+16 melee
Damage: Slam 4d12 +26 or Doom Axe 1d12 +39
Special Attacks: Earth Mastery, Push
Special Qualities: Elemental, Damage reduction 25/+5
Saves: Fort +49, Ref +27, Will +28
Abilities: Str 43, Dex 8, Con 41, Int 16, Wis 31, Cha 31
Skills: Listen +66, Spot +66
Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Slam), Power Attack, Sunder, Martial Weapon Proficiency: Great Axe, Toughness x9.
Doom Axe (Minor Artifact)
Primary Abilities
x4 Damage against Plants/Aquatic creatures
+2 Constitution
x2 Damage against Vermin
x2 Damage against Animals and Beasts
+5 Strength
Life Drinker: This +5 Unholy (10d6 damage against good creatures) Vorpal Greataxe bestows two negative levels on its target whenever it deals damage, just as if an undead creature had struck its target. One day after being struck, subjects must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 33) for each negative level or lose a character level. However, each time a life-drinker deals damage to a foe, it also bestows one negative level on the wielder. The negative level gained by the wielder lasts until the axe is put down. The axe can’t be used again for 1 hour without the wielder once again gaining the negative level.

Sylphid, Elder Air Elemental
Colossal Elemental (air)
Domains: Air
Hit Dice: 64d8 + 914 (1170 hp)
Initiative: +25 (+21 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: Fly 100 ft. (perfect)
AC: 38 (-8 size, +21 dex, +17 natural)
Attacks: Slam +61/+56/+51/+46/+41/+36/+31/+26/+21/+16 melee or Valkyrian +61/+56/+51/+46/+41/+36/+31/+26/+21/+16 ranged
Damage: Slam 4d10 +19 or Valkyrian 20d6
Special Attacks: Air Mastery, Whirlwind
Special Qualities: Elemental, Damage Reduction 25/+5
Saves: Fort +32, Ref +57, Will +28
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 53, Con 38, Int 16, Wis 31, Cha 31
Feats: Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Weapon Finesse (slam), Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes, Combat Casting, Alertness, and Toughness x6
Valkyrian (Minor Artifact)
Primary Abilities
X2 Damage against animals and beasts
Casts reverse Gravity on Strike (DC 25)
Holy (10d6 damage against evil creatures)
Intelligence/Wisdom gain a +10 Magical bonus
X2 Damage against dragons
Javalin of Lightning: This javelin becomes 20d6 lightning bolt when thrown (DC 24). It is not consumed in the attack, as a normal Javalin of Lightning would be.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir, I could use your Tri-Dominatrix if they act like insects. If they acte enough like insects (like polinating plants) they could really fit in with my Fortress idea. Of course, I'm talking 10 years from now, and your working on these currently. Heh...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
OVERTURNING OF RULING

Yours Truly regards the posts above solemnly, then:

RULING:

Magic ceases to work on Athas.

Psionic enchantments (spells that require both magical and psionic components) will no longer work on Athas.
Thus, Dragon Metamorphosis and Avangion Metamorphosis are now impossible on Athas.

Preservers lose all their power.
Defilers lose all their power.
Clerics lose all their power.
Druids lose all their power.

Magical items created with both magic and psionics lose all their power.

Psionicists are unaffected.
Items created with psionics are unaffected.
Plants and animals that employ psionics are unaffected.

Rajaat and his Champions are crippled by this change in reality.
The Dragon-Kings are crippled by this change in reality.

I am ruling the Veiled Alliance foresees the change in reality, using their magic, and they leave Athas before the change.
Thus, GnomeWorks is not affected by the change.

The Hive Army is not affected by the change in reality.

Remove ads