(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 3)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Oh, one more thing.

A battle against ourselves you say, so this is the way how you wish to fight yourself then? That just sounds weird. Maybe I missed your point?

Heh, it was actually a strange remark as i read it back :)
It was trying to say something like:

"Hatred is inside all of us. We cannot deny it. We now have 2 choices. We can wait, Evil takes control and we are doomed, or we can attack, feeding our hatred, bringing the doom of Ravenloft nearer and nearer."

But indeed, it was a bit stupid as it stood there ^_^

Mr. Draco

First Post
Venus said:

Heh, it was actually a strange remark as i read it back :)
It was trying to say something like:

"Hatred is inside all of us. We cannot deny it. We now have 2 choices. We can wait, Evil takes control and we are doomed, or we can attack, feeding our hatred, bringing the doom of Ravenloft nearer and nearer."

But indeed, it was a bit stupid as it stood there ^_^

When you put it that way, it sounds like you believe there is no alternative to Ravenloft, and you want to accelerate the process by attacking and feeding our hatred, thus "bringing the doom of Ravenloft nearer and nearer."

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Warning: upcoming citrolic post...

By The Forsaken One
I'm most likely offline for a few days (yeah bad timing I knowand just when I got stuff to do and be nice and active on the boards with large posting ). I'm off to a friend of mine who doesn't have Internet so I'm 100% offline untill I get back home which will probably be next monday.

I hereby hand over my power to Ho Skoteinos. This does NOT give him control over my reality changes. It does give him control over my PC and he can send it to battle, I trust him and his judgement on that matter.

That was on page

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11466&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

Now, edena. Forsaken One gave me control of his forces. First I tell you that in an email. You ignore it. AND you ignore his action. Then, I state on the boards that forsaken one is CDGing Rajaat. You ignore me.

I mean, come ON! He's away 'till monday, and can't do anything, he gives me control over his attacks, and then what? Nothing. He's gonna be really pissed about that. You have a little habit of ignoring him, and he, in return, has a little habit of writing vitrolic posts. After that, you (I think) see his point, and most of the time, you give in...because, most of the time, he *is* right...and I feel that this time I am right too...

Now, I'm not writing a vitrolic post (I think it's a little bad taste to do so), but I will say that I am disappointed that you ignore his wish that I play his power...and that you ignore his *obvious* action, that you award no extra PL because of the assimilation, that you say there are a lot of civilian casualties on Athas (get friggin'real! We have GUNS, they have SWORDS. Call that a fight? No. Why the hell are we slaughtering civilians? Orcs got no dicipline? I question that. Stupid civilians want to fight to the death...right, and psionics have no way to incapacitate them...*sigh* it just sucks...), that you ignore the fact that there is no magic on Athas, and thus no stupid Evil Ball crap, that you do not give him 100% 11th level power by assimilating the captured 11th level infrastructure into the Swarm (we: Me, William and Forsaken One threw 3, 4, 3 classed attacks respectively. We all imprisoned the infrastructure. Then I stated I gave forsaken one all of the captured mages, clerics, artifacts and weaponry that I had captured (and even *that* got ignored!) then forsaken one stated (in his "storm" post) that he assimilated the captured stuff into the swarm (also ignored)...and forsaken one told me that william *also* gave the captured infrastructure from Rajaat to him (though I don't know if that's true or not)).

Edena, why are you ignoring us???

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC post:-

I don't think Edena is ignoring you in specific Skote. He's missed some posts by Zelda, Mr Draco and I too (As well as a few others doubtless) ,(eg. Zelda's Scrying on Day 3 and whether or not I actually managed to summon Ellisterae's Avatar on Day 2 and if so whether or not it stayed)..

Perhaps Edena is tired or perhaps he's flooded in Emails (ie this is a PBEM game again). (Either way is not good, if its the first we really need to take a break from this IR for a while and if its the second some people need to stop dumping piles of email on him)

The reason you are not recovering 11th level infrastructure is because IMO that makes it way to easy to get Infrastructure, Eg when I had Anabs 11th Infrastructure I didn't double my 11th level power. (If I did even I doubt I would have given it back)

(A fair bit of this is some stuff Zelda mentioned and I was inclined to agree with)

Note- No harm intended to anybody by the above post.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
OCC:

Edena, indeed, you have been ignoring a lot of our actions lately.

Many actions that would require some ruling, or perhapst just commentry to make sure they are not complitely pointless.

You have ingored my actions that way, Kalanyr's for all I know, and many others. My actions might not be so cool or interesting, but still. Many posts which are not rule-argumental in nature, have been just left there.

If you check back, you have been much more active priorly, but since this turn, your intrest in making aswers here in list has waned noticably and ignoring=lack of commentry/ruling has been pretty overall, considering posts here made for 11th lv magic actions especially. Still, some players get their projects through, it would seem black balls and all things like that considering. This fractures balance. And to some, it might feel you are taking sides. I don't think it is so, but feeling is created with actions, or lack of them.

Also, if we don't know whatever another player has succeeded in action, makes it harder to come up with my own. I am not ever certain how far Oerth repair-project is. I only heard how bad guys break things. Great, but I also would like to know, which of them we have managed to fix already.

It seems to me you are tired, and week's rest might be a good idea. We players aren't going anywhere, and break doesn't do game away, at least not for us (if someone disagrees about this particular thing, please say it).

This is great game, and I'd rather see we could enjoy playing it for great while yet, or give it interesting twisty ending a bit sooner.

If you are too busy/tired and situation will be stay so in the future, perhaps you could tell us, how we players could help you somehow the way we post etc, so our actual actions would be more taken into account. Those actions, where word of two from dm is really needed.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Kalanyr, I can perfectly understand the situation edena is in (he explained it time and again), but only he knows when it's too much. And when it is, he should stop, untill he is ready again. Playing without really having infulence on the story (well, Rajaat should be in the swarm by now, but he isn't, forcing me to spend *another* attack on him, while I could've attacked someone else, and that would've brought peace closer, having a greater impact on the story)...I guess that's limited influence or something...:/

Anabstercorian

First Post
Oh man oh man oh man...

Anabstercorian stops and listens, Starfire cannon drawn and ready. As the figure speaks, he begins to tremble with fear - Fear for his people...

<< I... Let me think about this for a short time. >>

Edena, I am sending a message to the corrupted allies of the Shade. I will immediately cease hostilities against the Shade if they cease their attempts to kill my people, with the understanding that, should they murder my people after I stand down, bad, bad things will happen.
I am begging them. Let my people live.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Oh man oh man oh man...

William Ronald, I no longer have e-mail at this moment! Start up a post on General RPG Topic named Illithid History or a variant thereof and put your message there.

Anabstecorian, Shadowlord Rhamagaum appears before you:

-It doesn`t have to end like this Chosen of Ilsenine, your people don`t have to die. Actually we didn`t want your people to die at all, we attacked because you announced your attack against us first. Melkor has left us like a coward, we have anandomed Melkor, we have abandomed his insanity and desire of oblivion. To prove this we shall destroy our Red Army. It seems that you have still many enemies Anabstecorian, enemies blinded by their concept of justice, enemies that want nothing but your utter destruction! Ally with us, and with Union Of Worlds, and Hellmaster, and Iuz, and you won`t have to fear, your people will be safe! We will even assist you in rebuilding Penumbral Hub. There will be no more destructive conflict that will bring us to Ravenlolft, Alliance Of Oerth won`t risk war with us if we stay united!

Public broadcast by Malyk Pasha, Dark Emperor of Calimshan:

-I hereby warn all that plan upon attacking Forces of Shadow in Realmspace- if it happens we shall attack United Commonwealth of Toril with nuclear weapons- we have nuclear arsenal big enough to BLOW THIS PLANET INTO PIECES! This territory will belong to us as recompansation for 40 years of persecution against our people in Realmspace. We don`t wish war with our neighbours, unnecessary conflict will only bring us closer to Ravenloft.

Last edited:

Remove ads