(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 7)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Forsaken One, I empathize with you. Aside from your sudden threat to destroy all life in the universe (which, frankly, I think was a little silly of Edena to give you) you've been one of the absolute best players in the IR. Thanks for being such a great sport. :)

I'll be joining the Grand Melee Against The Taraakian's, but I'll be using subdual damage monk attacks when possible - No killing the nice Taraakians. But, I will but using the Starfire Cannon to blow the living hades out of any members of the Alliance of Dread silly enough to get between me and the Taraakians. >:)

Edena, I believe that Red Armies from other Spheres that I invited to Oerth, Toril ans Krynn are proceeding in taking over these worlds, aren`t they, especially that most Powers are using bulk of their 11th level magic against Taarakians or to support them?

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
Edena, when I asked for an explanation of what conventional assaults and 11th level assaults were, you said that I should just tell you what kind of attacks other than dueling I was launching, and you would convert it to your system.

Here are the attacks in question:

1) A blast of soul-sucking energy that will tare the soul out of someone and use it to fuel the Weave. This attack will be dispersed using the Weave, so it will not work on Athas or in dead magic areas. The body keeps functioning until it starves to death. Now, how many souls does Acererak have? I'm guessing a LOT, most of them good adventurers who tried to kill the demi-lich. Well, anyway all the good souls that Acererak has bottled up inside him will be put into the bodies of the newly souls-sucked-for the-weave creatures. Viola! Instant army!

This attack will be shot at the following powers:

Anabstercorian’s Knights of Neraka
The Sentient Starbearer Allies of Anabstercorian
Mr. Draco and Serpenteye’s Union of Oerth
The Corrupted Black Brotherhood Allies of the Union of Oerth
The Corrupted Shade Allies of the Humanoid Alliance
Forrester’s Humanoid Alliance
‘o Skoteino’s Immortals of Mystara
The Corrupted Black Brotherhood Allies (Tri-Dominatrix) of the Unseelie of Oerth
The Corrupted Black Brotherhood Allies (Tri-Dominatrix) of the old Acererak
The Red Army of Luna
Ravenloft Domain Lord Zouron and his Undead
(Played by the DM) The Corrupted Kevellonder Allies of the Black Brotherhood
(Played by the DM) The Corrupted United Commonwealth Allies of the Eternal Union

2) Creating the Green Goo, a creature that mutates so fast that if you stabbed it with a dagger your dagger would go .1 inches deep before a mutation would occur that would let the Green Goo eat you dagger as fast as you could stab it in. They would be controlled by the mind of the first living being that they ate. After eating something, they could vomit it up again, reconstructing the atoms that it ate. I'll just make sure that the first living thing it eats is a resurrected Thyadon Fasfoni, then let it loose on Athas.

Black Omega

First Post
Oi Forsaken!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for making the choise and now showing me you need to be obliterated or pacified.
When faced with what you described as certain destruction from you already, are you amazed?;)

Of course, later you changed your mind but by then orders were already given.

First you oppose them and now you kiss their (__-__)
Your choise, bu if I survive this face the consequences.
When they said 'surrender or die', we choose to fight. When they said "We want peace, there can be an alliance between us." we sure "Sure." And yes, it is my choice. Just like choosing to try and end the IR was yours.;)

Black Omega

First Post
Anabstercorian said:
Forsaken One, I empathize with you. Aside from your sudden threat to destroy all life in the universe (which, frankly, I think was a little silly of Edena to give you)
Have to agree a little there. But I'm very used to having players who will push the bounds of powers. If you give it to them, they will use it.:) Ahem, and if I gave my players the Diadem I'd never tell them what would happen if used in Sigil, that's like a dare to some players. :)

I'll be joining the Grand Melee Against The Taraakian's, but I'll be using subdual damage monk attacks when possible - No killing the nice Taraakians. But, I will but using the Starfire Cannon to blow the living hades out of any members of the Alliance of Dread silly enough to get between me and the Taraakians. >:)
This could shape up into a nice furball. The Alliance of Dread and Melkor and anyone else trying to destrpoy all creation are the main threats. We're allied with the Taraakian's but I'm staying out of any battles with Ana and the Union if possible. Quite the fine mess.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena,

I will evacuate all my remaining powers except the UC of Toril to the Demiplane of Hope. (Must find a good name for it and the city.)

The UC of Toril will only send people below the age of majority, the very old, and people who are not needed for the war effort. Everyone who can fight will. Children will not.

Hazen addresses Lord Melkor:

"Melkor, you are merely the amalgamation of several Torillian deities from cults which individually were in jeopardy of extinction. You are not the grand messenger of the Void unless you chose to be."

"There are several theories on whether the multiverse will end or how. You merely chose to prefer the Void as an explanation because it allows you to justify everything. So far, the current scientific evidence on Toril argues against the heat death of that universe. There is strong evidence for a cyclical universe. And some places may fall entirely outside such things as time or space."

"I have, based on my own experiences, evidence for a Supreme power. Being a good boy was your phrase. Being a man is to accept that your actions have consequence and accepting responsibility for them. Being a man means that life is not only about yourself. No man is entirely self sufficient. Indeed Melkor, you only exist because of your worshippers."

"I am sorry that you are in such pain. Perhaps the amalgamation process was difficult. Perhaps you are frustrated to learn that others have their own will. However, which would you have -- people who follow you willingly or scared slaves."

"I am being charitable to you in my reply. The worlds need not fall into your lap if the people of those worlds chose. All I see is someone who is in pain and has decided the pain of others is the best cure for it. I have never known that to be a long term solution."

"The people of the worlds can chose if they wish to fight and risk joining you in the Domains of Dread. It is their choice. I urge them to consider whether this war makes any sense. Of course, Melkor, it is in your interest to have it continue. Zouron still blames you for the attacks you made on the Magocracy. Do not underestimate him."

"The worlds may be destroyed but need not be. I am truly sorry for your pain, Melkor. Your healing may be beyond me but not the Eternal."

"Also, Melkor, if a Supreme Being does not exist, explain the sudden formation of the Domain of Hope? It is beyond my power. Trust me, if I was powerful enough to have done it, I would have done so long ago."

OOC: Good post, Melkor. Just be glad that Hazen is an Angel. I have avoided some of the worst and funniest things I could say.

Of course, Lord Ronald might comment that Melkor was being a blow hard and try a bad joke using that phrase.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Fun for the whole family

A thousand rows of a thousand people, humans, orcs, cydians, elves, kobolds, all of the races of the Union of Worlds had represestatives here or in other cites of casting. Their total number was staggering, but the God Emperor felt a tiny doubt in the back of his head. Would they be enough? Would their dedication be great enough? Would their sacrifice be in vain? Is all of this really necessary, maybe a peaceful solution can still be found? It is a terrible thing to risk so much, though the rewards are tremendous and the alternative impossible.

"Life is a toss of the die. It crushes worlds and devours the souls of billions. It creates and it destroys. We must take this risk, but the dies we use will be weighted." The childish voice of Naganika's half formed vocal cords sounded wrong speaking such words, but it was the words themselves that sent a chill trough the God Emperor. This was the first time she had actually managed to read his thoughts.

"You have been a good student, daughter, remarkably so. I sometimes wonder how much you really remember of your lost time."

"Nothing, father, nothing at all" she spoke petulantly, but there was a definite hint of cunning in her aura, "someting is blocking me. I dont know if it's natural or put there by someone else. I don't think Hazen could have..."

"Do not underestimate that being. He might seem unremarkable but there is much power in his soul. Don't forget that he is a vessel of one of the Greatest. You have a remarkable history, my child. Daughter of a God, killed by one of the Greatest and brought back by another. You have been touched deeply by vast sources of power and that has affected you to the core of your being. My spells are bringing that power to the surface, strengthening it, fortifying it. In the end not even I know what power you will posess, perhaps little more than what you have now, perhaps enough to replace all of the Greatest as the Queen of the Universe. Regardless you will have my love, small thing as that might seem from the heights of supremacy." the God Emperor laughs.

"I... I am frightened, father. Everything is happening too fast. I cannot control it. There are pictures flowing trough my mind, twisted so I can only make out fractions, they, they are terrible. Death."

"That is why I'm doing this to you. To show you all the wonders of life, all the wonders of power. We live in dangerous times and,, time might be running out for us. I can not allow you to die as a blind mortal child, with your life still unlived. Only trough the powers of intellect can a being truly live. Any beast can exist, unthiniking and ruled by instinct, I want more for you."

"And so do I. I was always more your child than that of my foolish mother, I remember that much, even from the cradle. She was nothing but a presumteous cow, a poor brittle thing. Half my memories of her are of her crying. Crying!" Nakanika settled down into sulking.

"She did love you, in her own way. But she never could cope with the responsibilities of a baby. A powerful necromancer and archmage, but she went mad long before she gave birth to you. Well, she was killed soon after anyway."

"You killed her."

"She was quite unhinged. She was actually trying to sacrifice you, her familiar and three dead mice to Tharizdun in exchange for immortality by impaling you with sewing needles. Fortunately she killed her familiar first and went into a rather bad state of shock. I found her that way and entrapped her soul in a gem. It should be somewhere in the treasury, if you want to see your dear mother."

"Oh. No, I think it's best to let the past rest where it is. In a way she got what she wanted. Immortality. Her soul will be forever preserved in that stone."

"My thought exactly."

"It is time, Naganika, the circles have come together, the receptacles are full. Now the casting will begin. Pay close attention, there is much for you to learn here."

The God Emperor reaches out telepatically to the spellcasters in the circle, taking their power into himself. Then he reaches out to circle after circle until he holds half of the high casters in the Union in his mind. Millions of fine threads of power reaches out from him, to touch millions of souls. For a moment he is overcome with the extacy of millions of people feeling and recognicing his touch, for a moment their thoughts fill his mind "God Emperor!", "God Emperor", "Sacred One!", "I give myself to you!", "Let my life be your sword!", "God Emperor!" and above it all in a uniform chorus, "Sacrify me!, Sacrify me!" He answers them with one thought:

"Marturs! By free choice you agreed to this. By free choice you give your lives so that the Union may survive. My gratitude to you knows no bounds. Your reward will be eternal. Now we begin!"

Millions of voices cried out in bliss when their lifes were coaxed out of their bodies and into the God Emperor, merging together, warping and strengthening the energies of the casters. To Naganika he seemed to burn like the light of a thousand suns. Energy and life swirled around him, shaped itself after his wishes, pure power, pure life, growing, growing and then being released.

A cold wind blew as the air flowed back into the vacuum that had been created when the spell was released. The relative darkness now when the energies had departed was blinding for mortal eyes, but Naganika saw. She saw the one million bodies peacefully resting on the floor, and she learned.

When she turned to look at her father he was gone. Gone with the armies to strike against the teraakians. Gone to fight, gone to risk his life, for her.

Remove ads