(IR) The Treaty of Erinhei-Cinlu Summit (Turn 1)

Anabstercorian

First Post
"Indeed, Gallador. You had neither excuse nor need to direct your troops to attack the Elder Brothers in union with Iuz, and an attempt to murder or kidnap the ruling body of a signatory nation is by no means a laughing matter. You had best put your case forward well."

Princess Lanfear smiles sweetly like she isn`t at all touched by the gravity of the accusation:

"Iuz, a member of the Pact, was firstly attacked by the Brotherhood, we were defending a fellow Pact member! But now it seems that Iuz could hide some information from us! Therefore it is possible Princess Meliana, who is a bit mentally unstable, was manipulated by Iuz.

But we propose to repay the Brotherhood losses they had taken and give suitable compensation, despite the fact we are still not sure that Iuz was not right in this matter! But we want to save the Pact!"

Last edited:

(accidentally posted this in original IR thread, it may not be that relevent considering it was posted a while ago)

The trio of mercanes act hastefully, but too late as the blade plunged into Eclavdra. This had been predicted as a possibility, but not one they thought would come to pass...it was sudden, just like everything else that changed the drow priestess' life in the last month. They cast simple spells to make her body more appropriate for a funeral, prestidigitation to clean her blood away and gentle repose followed by a permanency to allow her to retain her beauty forever.

When Glu'boise receives a sending from his representatives, a look of pain twists upon his face. The changed Eclavdra had an appointment to meet with him after the TEC Summit, it seems that it was not meant to be. A cowardly act, although I would not dare you a coward. Nothing awaits you on the other side, anyways, Eclavdra. Sleep well in the memories of your people.

Nevertheless, things must pass on, the gray robed mercane asks, after giving some time to allow Eclavdra's death to be mourned, "While this is tragic, there are, sadly, more important matters to attend to now, one that could affect many more precious lives. Shall the meeting be continued?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"HAH!" A short, loud laugh from Ashardalon echoes through the room.

"With every word uttered, we see how stupid so many of you acted during the Withdrawal, how lacking the perceptions were during this symptom of the Time of Troubles we are about to face. With every phrase, we get evidence just how necessary this summit is. In the chaos in the Great City, how many are there that managed to keep track of who was fighting whom for what reason?

It may be presumptive for me to cast my vote before arguments were heard - by the same token, just how presumptive was it for the brotherhood to jump into a battle against a pact member, and it's leadership at that. I suppose I need not repeat your own words about that being the highest form of treason. You did so apparently without thinking, without planning, and without contacting the other pact members. It is a small miracle the TEC pact did not dissolve along with the old drow society. It should have been clear to you that such an action might be viewed as a violation of the TEC pact by other members, and act accordingly.

That is why we needed the TEC summit. That is why not a single faction should have decided to act against a violation of the pact, real or imagined, before contacting the other members."

Ashardalon stands, allowing himself to calm down, before he continues. His voice is distant, as if distracted by something.

"I must humbly apologize for my outburst. With your permission, I feel the need to be alone for some time. I have cast my vote, and I don't think there will be anything to change it. Should it come to that, however, I will know, and return."

"Behold the words of Great Ashardolon! The Brotherhood attacked Iuz firstly without actually presenting any charges against him! In our eyes, they were violating the Pact!"

-Lanfear seems to be delighted by Ashardolon`s support! She then turns to Acererak:

"Great Archlich, you too surely won`t allow the Pact to be destroyed?!"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
In regard to the offer of reparations:

"We respect your sentiment, but as we have stated before, we are here to judge actions, not intent. If your attack was made under mistaken pretenses, it remains your responsibility. Further, any reparations made should be made unto the Pact as a whole, for they are injured equally by the damage done to its terms. The fact that you have made such an offer, though, and your apparent willingness to admit responsibility for any true wrongdoings, should both be taken into consideration in deciding Gallador's penalty."

Kalanyr

Explorer
"According to the wording of the Pact, this trial is unnecessary, and Iuz was guilty, unquestiobably. The actions of the Scarlet Brotherhood are therefore not in violation of the Pact as it was at the time of the actions. Therefore Gallador, yes you do owe accounting. "

James Heard

Explorer
...And in a corner of the great hall.

"These are rather excellent pretzels, my compliments to the chef. And what did you say these were? Scones with some sort of nuts? Ah, wonderful. Say, is there going to be any entertainment here? Dancing perhaps? I could really cut a rug in my day, let me tell you. Ah hah! You ARE a cute little things aren't you. How would you like to wear my guesting hat up in my room for a while...Ah? Oh well, no insult intended. No need to get all worked up about it..."

"Scrabbles, I hate politics."

The enormous hamster just continues doing his nails.

Princess Lanfear sighs and telephatically contacts her father. The conversation takes few minutes and the Princess`s scarlet eyes are wide open.

"I do not agree, but Lord Gallador gave me orders, therefore..., she clunches her fists furiously:

"Gallador`s Concord pleads guilty to non-intentious violation of the Pact, but would like to invoke mitigating circumstances:

-My father was acting without the knowledge that Iuz was guilty of violating a Pact, he was busy waging a war against Vecna`s worshippers!

-Brotherhood atttacked one of Pact members without consulting other members of the Pact, and Iuz crime wasn`t obvious! There were three votes for non-guilty, and one abstained! Lord Gallador had reasons to believe that Brotherhood is violating the Pact.

-Our crime is therefore bad judgement and lack of proper caution, not purposeful violation of the Pact.

-And we still think that since those Drow were renegades, that rebelled against Eclavdra when she ordered the exodus to Great City, attacking them was attacking enemies of Eclavdra, therefore not a violation of the Pact. We do not plead guilty to second accusation.

Remove ads