(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The instant that goat appears the Drow messenger is teleporting away ,screaming as he goes that we will to consult with our allies before we decide whether to ally with him, the messenger has no wish to be around an angry Vecna!

I will instruct the messengers in each country we have representatives in to ask what each countries opinions of the Kender are. (Heh, These Kender are probably going to turn most of Oerth against Faerun)

After hearing the messengers report Kalany has decided that it still seems to be in our best interest to oppose Vecna, for now the Drow alliances & peace declarations remain as they are.

Messengers are sent to Kaz asking for aid against Vecna in our battle.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
(This is my last post for several hours. I urge those members who represent factions who have not posted to do so. Also, I urge people to take the part of undeclared factions. Failed my Will Save. Must sleep soon.:eek: )

Messengers are sent to any power having a desire or interest to oppose Vecna. The message urges an end to any hostilities, internal or external. Let Oerth declare Alliance in its opposition to Vecna. Let us stand with one voice, side by side.

As for the kender, we have never meet one. As for property issues, they seem to have the same attitude as the bird-people, the aarockraa. Curious. However annoying some people might deem the kender, comparing them to Vecna is absurd.

A kender, it seems, may be willing to talk for hours on end -- like some politicians. In comparison, Vecna is willing to remake reality in his own image -- and bring us to an end.

The choice is yours people of Oerth. To determine the nature of the Torillian's interactions with our world and oppose Vecna, who seeks to bring us under his rule. Whether he delays his schemes or not. Or shall we heed his counsel's, only to find ourselves shackled to his will, never to be free to chose our own destinies.

The choice is yours, leaders and people of Oerth. We stand with those who desire to oppose Vecna. I suspect he is somewhat distracted at the moment by his new paramour.

Kalanyr

Explorer
KingOfChaos said:
You guys ever thought of asking Morrus for a IC roleplaying forum?

As I understand it, this remains in RPG general until it builds some momentum then it will be moved to the In Character Forum in Bits'N'Pieces.

Time for me to sleep.

For now we continue our plans and research into technomancy, and maintain our alliances and peace & trade agreements we continue planting inactive dissenters in various nations, if the time comes we will strike at Vecna. The Teleport Circle the Drow and the Orcs of Pomarj are creating will be assigned guards on our end.

I have requested the Shade base at the opposite end of the Underdark territoy of the drow to the Vault (as long as this area gives ready access to surface nations and supplies if not move it further towards the vault of the Drow until it does)

The Drow I have sent to Toril will be polite (it suits their best interest given the situation) and formal but will reveal only that we wish Vecna destroyed and have some desire to ally with the Elves of Oerth (this is true these emisseries are followers of Vhaerun) but we wish to know what happened to the Church's of Toril in particular the Elven & Drow gods, we have no intention of letting our culture be gobbled up in these new churches.

My earlier stand on Kender & Tinker Gnomes remains, they will be painfully tortured & slowly killed,sold to the orcs of the Pomarj or given to whatever demons wish to play with them (I would offer them in sacrifice but I would assume the Demon Lords and Drow Gods would be more than insulted by such offerings) if they are found in or near drow territory.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
AHHHH!!!

OOC: OMG, i leave for a day and a half to play dnd, and the IR starts without me!

Well, i've only had a chance to read the first & last page, so maybe somebody could give me a quick summary of what's happened/happening?

Also, edena, if you could provide a listing of all the factions & their current state?

IC: As for the legions of Kas: We use our divination abilities to find a clear stretch of land we can teleport our entire force to
(preferably not right next to some good-aligned nation. Once there, we'll start using our magic for: (in order of importance)

1) not being found
2) defense
3) building (how fast do you think we could build cities with >9th level spells? :) )

Also, i'll send undercover spies to the known like-aligned nations to observe, and if they seem like they would be willing to ally themselves with me, i'll later send emmissaries to their capitals to request such alliances.

OOC: as a side thought, could somebody repost that link to the map? i seem to have lost it.

Sorry for all the requests, i just don't have time to read through all the previous pages of this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Draco

First Post
William Ronald (and whatever faction he represents):

We, the legions of Kas will gladly accept your offer of an alliance against Vecna. Our only request is technological assistance (if you are a technological faction) and to be left alone to set up our own nation. In return, we will not open up hostilities against you.

The same request of technological assistance & solitude is sent to the leaders of whatever faction also allies themselves with William Ronald (what's his faction again?)

Also, my spies will attempt to become part of the societies that they are infiltrating. They will do this by posing as immagrants from other nations (they have the knowledge to do this thanks to high-level divinations). Once accepted into the cities, they will act like normal citizens, of course gathering knowledge, but, most importantly, they will attempt to work on technological design (i.e. apply for the job & job training).

My legions in my teitory will set hard to work creating magic weapons/items, and also will devote a great efort to developing technology. (these wizards all have the prerequisite intelligence to cast said >ninth level spells right? well then we'll set them to work on technology, how fast do they learn?)

OOC: I'll be away from the comp for about three hours, gotta go to church. If anybody wants to e0mail me about IC issues, my e0mail is carpdiem@gte.net

Mr. Draco

First Post
I'll also send emmissaries to The Unseelie of the Flanaess and Rary (whatever the name of his faction was), requesting an alliance under my command against the forces of vecna which wish nothing but to dominate all. I also assure them that under my command they will recieve equal and just treatment.

To Rary speciffically, i offer magical tutaliage by my most powerful archmages. This is to entice him further into joining his forces under my command.

The Baatazu will do the next following things. We will try to unite the unseelie if we can contact them and try to bind them into 1 force which will unite with me and Riot Gear but which will be under my command. We will also send my Erinyes out:

<< Edena, I've asked The Forsaken One to use his Erinyes to further incriminate the Torilians by impersonating torilian diplomats, proclaiming the Wanderers sending to be true, and generally acting like skanky, skanky, skanky skanks. This wont go over too well with many religions, I bet. >>

This I will do indeed and I'd like to know what the reactions on this are so please note that in your next reply.

I will send my Erinyes to all nations to see what there is to be corrupted and to be gained for us. So please everyone reply and let me know and edena let me know what I did gather. Especially the city if greyhawk that's falling under the influence of teh shades that's a progress that is in dire need to be brought to a halt.

Also I'm currently using all my forces on this plane to find the city of the gods aided by the forces Riot Gear can Spare. So keep in touch about what we find if we find it and when :)

I will allso go to the Daemons and talk to them about where they stand and if they will stand besides us or if we might aid them in what they are up to now. A Daemon Devil alliance would be grand indeed, even more since the shades are behind them but we don't trust them but we are intesrested in what they might have to offer.

Also I ask Riot Gear to see if we can make a move against the Demons summond by the drow to make the planer race balance into our favor by reducing their numbers or destroying those who are here right now allout. Since the Drow are out to war with Vecna we might be very well able to strike them at home right now, we will be powerfull indeed.

Allso is Serpentine Summoning devils under my command as we speak into his lands so the baatazu can aid him in bringing his lands under his control again and squash this little rebellion and subdue the little nations around him.

William Ronald

Explorer
(Hello. I am back after a nap. I assume that this is occurring just after the messages from Toril.)

To Draco, the Honorable Representative of Kas and his legions:

I great you and welcome you, in this troubled time. The Kevellond League, representing many nations, greets you in peace and the hopes of alliance against the arch-foe Vecna. We welcome you as an ally, and let there be peace between us, and all who desire the final and irrevocable destriction of Vecna.

We are allies of the Lortmils Technomancy and will shortly introduce you to their representatives. I believe that they would be willing to trade with you. We have some technological items ourselves, which we will show you. However, it is the Lortmils Technomancy which produces these marvellous inventions. In matters of trade and armaments, it is usually best to go to the source. We are, however, working with the Technomancy in developing our resources. I believe that they can help your people as well.(Out of character: You need to e-mail Gnome Works or hope he posts here.)

In the interim, we are prepared to provide you and any who stand with us against Vecna with the tools for the great task that lies ahead of us. We can supply you with food and raw materials. We also will provide you and your leader an update on what has happened since that time.

As for ourselves, our nations are varied. Of the humans, many are of Suel blood, Oeridian, Baklunish or Flannae. The members of many races , elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, are also members of our League. Many others, such as Iuz, Turrosh Mak who leads the humanoid peoples, and the drow, also will stand with you against Vecna. We great you in peace, and urge you to live in peace with your neighbors. For now -- regardless of differences of race, species, culture, or belief -- we fight a common foe.

Ambassador, please tell your Lord Kas that I look forward to standing with him against Vecna and his legions. I offer you our hospitality, and alliance against Vecna. If you are interested, we will provide you with information on the new age that you have entered. If we stand against Vecna, I believe we shall triumph.

To all peoples of Oerth:

Whatever your beliefs about the message of the Wanderer and the message from Toril, we have a choice. Each of us must determine whether the outworlders of Toril are friend or foe. What is certain is that Vecna is a foe. If he triumphs, all our ambitions and dreams are ruined. If we triumph, we will be here to determine the truth of Toril for ourselves. I encourage you to think for yourselves. Alliance against Vecna will leave you with the best opportunity to forge your own destiny.

If the peoples of Oerth and their leaders desire it, we may consider asking the United Commonwealth of Toril for aid.

Let us discuss this issue. We should have reports about Toril soon, which we will share with you. Verify them on your own, if you desire. However, any threat that Toril may pose to Oerth is less than that of Vecna.

Edena: You have mail. I should also announce that I will give you a detailed list of contingencies (both spells and plans) for the battle.

Last edited:

Sorry riot .

I guess you missed something or I didn't let you in on it. I have discussed matters with Serpentine. And he as well wants to get rid of vecna. So I got to agree that vecna will stay away from us (Doesn't mean we have to stay away from him hehe). Serpentine will break his drow alliance and he will form he alliance with US. We 3 will be a nice force to be reckoned with. Allso Edena mailed me with a offer to control the unseelie for I am a lesser faction and I've gladly accepted. So if she reads her mail and everything goes as I think it is. I will gain another 10 points from teh unseelie. Another 10 for the alliance from us. So Vecna is gonna go EXIT. But I propose we attack the drow here and now while they are gone from home and off to attack vecna. While they do battle I suggest we go and destroy the drow home along woth our new human allies. They can't attack right now because of a rebellion but I've agreed he van summon large numbers of devils under my command into his nation so I can help him squelch this little rebellion. After this minor problem he will be able to help aid his new allies. I hope we all come to agree that Vecna will be dealt with, easily even without us. So while they do battle I suggest we go and make our move against the drow and their shade allies and sstop the demons and Daemons from pouring in so you will be the only factions with extraplannar aid. Which would be nice :)

THIS IS ALL SECRET AND ONLY KNOWN TO SERPENTINE AND RIOT AND THE BAATAZU.

If we all agree on siding against the drow while they attack vecna and I get the unseelie. I've got some special plans which I will unveel after everyone agrees and if edena grants me the unseelie. Hope this will work out and than I will reveal the rest of my plans which are quite evil indeed.

I'veb got a problem with my email now so I won't be able to read them within the next hour or two. Sucks but I'll be keeping up with the forum and I'll get into my mail boix as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads