[IRC Game] Waiting for the Man Looking for 2-3 Substitute-Replacements

Loonook

First Post
Bulletin, July 15th, 1987
To: ToL Precinct 1, New York City Branch, All Departments
CC: Commissioner, Main Bureau.

Gentlemen,

With the current infiltration of major crimes, harmful arcana, and drug use in our community reaching epic proportions, Detectives of the Major Case, Arcane Crimes, Narcotics, and Internal Affairs Department have met to start the motions for a Task Force. This Task Force, to consist of the best and brightest of officers in the Precinct along with selected members from outside jurisdictions, will deal with the criminal element in new and innovative ways, and attempt to stop the proliferation of the criminal element into our community . . .

-- Memo.

"Where Wits and Strength Meet Justice, Let Not Cowardice and Chaos Sunder"
- Official Motto, Tower of Law.

We are recruiting active members of the Shadowkind and Shadow-Aware community with at least 5 years of police experience to a special Task Force Focusing on Major Cases (TFF-MC, or Taffmac). Tower of Law Commission preferable.

--

Game is to be run on the Psionics IRC network (chat.psionics.net) in the chatroom #Waitingfortheman. Postings to be included in the assigned Modern subforum of same name. Questions may be addressed here... if you wish to 'lurk' a few games, we are open; sessions are held on Fridays from 9 PM EST until appropriate closure (or fatigue sets in).

We request members to be 17 years or older or have proven parental consent. The game may include story-important instances of drug use, adult themes, minor sexuality, vulgarity, moderate to severe violence, descriptions of mayhem and malicious intent, and require logical processes and mental reasoning.

We request no min-maxing, and that characters be approved by the DM at least one week before first session so he may prepare materials for player use and 'insert' the character readily into the game. Character Level begins at CL 7, and there are multiple 'threads' of story (3 to start, with more possible) so extra characters a must for each of these 'threads' (though not necessary immediately). A focus on criminality, investigation, combat, and knowledge of arcana and theology/philosophy a plus.

My DMing Experience: I have been running Modern games since the release of the setting. I have also run D&D 1st, 2nd, 3.0 and 3.5 games, Shadowrun, and a few WW/WoD campaigns. I prefer characters with purpose and background which can be usable, smart roleplayers who use their words and actions carefully with forethought and prompt reasoning.

I have pet peeves with a dislike of Anime, Tolkiensian ideas on fantasy, and the dark, brooding antihero. This is the type of game where you could run into nihilist elves, punk-rock dwarves, and the occasional 'too many blaxploitation films' Drow. History, culture, and the system collide, and I like it that way . . . lots of people seem to enjoy this style also in my FTF and other chatroom games.

All together I have around 12 years of DMing experience in these various settings, and have been told I run quite the good game from my ~ 50 different players during that period. I like to run a hard, but not insurmountable, game where we can have fun and challenge ourselves... if this sounds good, post a reply and we'll get to working. You may also reach me on my AIM handle (ikillwithmyheart).

Slainte,

-Loonook

Remove ads