[IRON DM] Holiday Iron DM (for Iron DM Newbies Only)

Fanog

First Post
Hi Clint,

Iron DM is a competition held every few months on these board (and on some others as well.) The basic idea is that participants write the outlines for adventures, based on a couple of ingredients they are given. These thing can be basically anything: a specific monster, an item, a feeling or 'theme' etc. You have to incorporate each of these ingredients in a meaningful way, and try to write the 'best' adventure. Oh, and it has to be done within 24 hours. ;)

I haven't ever entered one, so there should be others who could you more info. You could also check out a prior competion yourself, since one just ended. See here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66259

Hope this helped,
Fanog

Clint

Journeyman Linguist
Thanks for the information, Fanog! It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll check it out when it's announced.

-Clint

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Nifft said:
PS: I'm not qualified as a "newbie", am I?

As far as I can tell you were only in one IRON DM ever. I mean, honor system and all that, but if that is the case you can apply to be in it - but i'd bump you for a true newbie. :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
nemmerle said:
As far as I can tell you were only in one IRON DM ever. I mean, honor system and all that, but if that is the case you can apply to be in it - but i'd bump you for a true newbie. :D

Nah, I was in another one a ways back, and I ran the first IronNPC(tm) contest. Also, I have a high post-count. Not a newbie by any measure.

-- N

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Nifft said:
Nah, I was in another one a ways back, and I ran the first IronNPC(tm) contest. Also, I have a high post-count. Not a newbie by any measure.

-- N

Well, I only mean newbie to IRON DM - in case anyone else was confused - you could have 10,000 posts - but if you've never played IRON DM you still qualify.

BSF

Explorer
The IRON DM is fun to read! I think the newbie IRON DM is a wonderful idea and I hope more people are encouraged to jump into the tourneys. (This said from a guy who is afraid to jump in himself. :rolleyes: )

Remove ads