• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes and Shackled Cities

Khairn

First Post
punkorange said:
Well, would it be easier to use arcana unearthed with shackled city?

Much easier in my opinion. I think using IH with SC would require more tweaking of the actual adventure than I would be willing to do. YMMV

AU/AE would fit it very easily with Shackled City.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Well, would it be easier to use arcana unearthed with shackled city?

Very different in tone than IH, but much quicker indeed. :)

I'm afraid I came out too strong; you're right, and make good suggestions for conversion.

It's okay. You had good points too! I wasn't clear enough in my first post.

wizofice

First Post
I'm currently playing in a D&D Shackled City campaign.

One problem is planar travel, as someone alluded to earlier. We also frequently use things like speak with dead and divinations that keep us on the trail of the BEGs. Without these, I think you'd have to come up with some other way of getting info to people and for travelling. They could travel the conventional way, but you'd have to allow for more time in the plotline because they can't just teleport from one town to another.

Apart from that, there's Skie's and many other magic item shops that play a part in the plotlines. Somehow, the PCs would still have to go to those places periodically to keep involved.

That's all I can think of at the moment. As Odhanan said, the PCs should be about as powerful as D&D PCs with proper magic item equipment, but in different ways (like no scrolls of teleport).

Remove ads