• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes - Dark Harbor

Dalamar

Adventurer
First, after checking Dark Harbor through, there were no specific mentions on inclinations towards arcanists, nor were there any in the Swordlands piece in the IH main book. As a general guideline, you can expect people to react as under the Mystical Power write-up in IH, though specifics vary depending on circumstance and specific spell used.

Next, it seems that you're missing your second Berserker Ability, Einan. The table only lists Extra Berserk Ability, but the actual write-up tells that a beginning Berserker has two abilities. By my understanding, you gain one of Berserk Strength, Berserk Mind or Berserk Speed, and then you get one of your choice that you qualify for.

Kajamba, I hope you're familiar with the changes to the Armiger here. Don't worry, unless you had meant to focus heavily on Defense feats, all the changes are upgrades.

Then, some character organizatorial matters. Could everybody list their Armor Class as "AC [normal AC value], Active [active bonus to AC], Passive [passive bonus to AC]"? That's the format I'm most accustomed to reading (being the one I use myself).
Also, I'd prefer if you listed your skills so that you first have the skill groups with the ranks in them, then followed by each individual skill in alphabetical order, including those bought as part of skill groups. For example, Gregghor Bearbait's skills line would look like this:
Skills: Athletics 4; Balance +3 (1ranks), Climb +8 (4 ranks), Heal +2 (1 ranks), Hide +3 (1 ranks), Jump +8 (4 ranks), Move Silently +3 (1 ranks), Survival +5 (4 ranks), Swim +8 (4 ranks)
Beyond the order of skills, you can use whatever order and marking style for ranks/total bonus you want.

Also, having at least one character that has some "face" skills is advantageous in the adventure, though not required.

The landmarks and some famous people coming at some point.

Erekose13

Explorer
I think Ghuntomas of Thorn is finished. A dark past and a villainous quarry should make for an interesting character. I may revise his 'of small words' if I find that he is difficult/boring to post for. But for now I think the wise and intelligent words will be enough to try and work from.

Re: starting gold, I assumed max, but have plenty left over. Let me know if you want to do that another way.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Dalamar said:
Kajamba, I hope you're familiar with the changes to the Armiger here. Don't worry, unless you had meant to focus heavily on Defense feats, all the changes are upgrades.
Cool. I'll check that out. In the meantime, I've made the other changes as requested (I do need to add in armor check penalties into the skills, but I'll do that when I've done my background).

Festy_Dog

First Post
I may have to bow out for the time being as it seems I'm going to be absent for what could be a couple of weeks. There's plenty of interest but if another character is needed by the time I get back I'd be content to throw my lot in again.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Max. starting gold works fine.

Too bad you can't join in right now, Festy. When you get back, we'll see if you could get incorporated at that point. It'd be sad to stop you from getting in because of unavoidable issues.

Like the history, Erekose. I've already got a couple of ideas how I could tie it in to the adventure.

I'm tentatively setting the starting post on Wednesday, with the rest of the setting information getting up this Monday (not enough computer time when I'm at my folks' for the weekend, I'm afraid).

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
I've added a personality and backstory to Grendel, and changed Profession/Sailor to Profession/Fisherman.

As a side note, I will be away from my computer for most of the upcoming week, starting Wednesday night, due to the Thanksgiving holiday here (I'm going back home for the four day weekend). I might have to pick things up when I get back, as I can't promise that I'll be able to post regularly until then.

Nick

Dalamar

Adventurer
Oh, right you U.S. people have Thanksgiving coming up. Would it be better for everybody if we delayed the actual start to the beginning of the next week?

Can't think of any fine points for thieves. You might consider being a minor noble living at Clifftop.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
No need to delay on my part, though I'm a Canuck. Waiting till after Thanksgiving is fine by me anyways.

Glad you liked the history, thought it might be nice to have a bit of prejudice show up amongst the party. No real in fighting cause I'm not a fan of that, but not everyone has to be best of friends right off the bat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads