Iron Heroes is available on DriveThruRPG now.

Turanil

First Post
A'koss said:
Ouch... just how old is your computer? :uhoh:
Old macintosh with OS 9 and old PC with Window 98. Putting a recent OS would cost me money, and would require a more powerful computer if I don't want it to slow to a crawl (or so I was told).

A'koss

Explorer
Turanil said:
Old macintosh with OS 9 and old PC with Window 98. Putting a recent OS would cost me money, and would require a more powerful computer if I don't want it to slow to a crawl (or so I was told).
Hmmm... yeah, those are pretty old and unfortunately Acrobat 6 only goes back as far as Win98SE. I would certainly not put OSX on anything short of a high end G4 with a min. 512MB ram. WinXP is less of a resource pig (or can be made that way if you turn off all the eye candy) but it's not cheap IIRC... :\

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I am fighting tooth and nail-- perhaps even earning some Tokens for it!-- to resist buying the PDF immediately.

I really want the hardcover.

Jarrod

First Post
A'koss said:
Hmmm... yeah, those are pretty old and unfortunately Acrobat 6 only goes back as far as Win98SE. I would certainly not put OSX on anything short of a high end G4 with a min. 512MB ram. WinXP is less of a resource pig (or can be made that way if you turn off all the eye candy) but it's not cheap IIRC... :\

Well, my g3 ibook disagrees, but that's not the point. Anything that was running OS9 isn't going to be happy with OSX in all likelihood.

You can't find a friend with an old copy of 98SE? Actually, 2k wasn't that much worse. Hrm.

This, of course, is a general problem with PDF files (or anything electronic). Will you be able to read them in 10 years? We still haven't solved that one.... but I'm happy that they're releasing the PDF of a 40 dollar book for 14 instead.

swrushing

First Post
yeah i grabbed it this morning and the final deciding factor was the pdf discount which was incredibly good.

I have taken to buying pdfs when available of products i don't have definite plans to use a lot, but rather to steal from when possible. The discounts are usually Ok but 14 vs close to 40 is just fine and dandy.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Psion said:
I will cheer Malhavoc for pricing their downloads reasonably. ;)

Heck, I wasn't really interested in it (AFAIAC, "bling" is my hand in the PCs as GM), but at that price... it's certainly worth a look.

Me too post. I've been eyeing it, but I've got a limited budget around this time of life (wedding joke, har har), but at $14 I might pick up the pdf to take a look. It's my kind of gaming!

Kaos

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I am fighting tooth and nail-- perhaps even earning some Tokens for it!-- to resist buying the PDF immediately.

I really want the hardcover.

You'll be disappointed to hear (if you haven't heard already), slight cheese out on the 'spectre' issue you raised before. Incorporeality gets changed to give them just a flat 50% chance to not be hurt (instead of 'need magic + 50% miss chance.)

Remove ads