Iron Heroes - Legends of Mitterion (IC Thread)

Velmont

First Post
Erik whispers back. "I understand your concern, and I wouldn't like to see someone else do my fight. All I ask you, if you want to join the fight, it is that I have the first hand on Grom."

iwatt

First Post
"Seems like a risky business, this fight. We could be left with a bad reputation and a bad job. You guys up to it? I am."

Wondering about the gambling in the Iron Fang, Kemal comes up with an idea. "As long as we're going to fight, we might as well profit from it. Anyone of you want to put some coins on us?"

[sblock=OOC] If we agree on the fight, Kemal will spend the rest of the day setting up the gambling side of the operation. He'll want to figure out who to talk to (Gather Info +6) and try to build up the hype for Grom's crew (Bluff +8). Kemal is going to attempt to swing the betting odds in favor of their foes.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Khepra nods at Erik's words, and then turns to Kemal.

"I am not much of one for gambling. I wouldn't know where to begin. Isn't it also rather unfair? Our group having such a large advantage, after all?"

Barak

First Post
Kadoch frowns, and shakes his head.

"Master Acktet, I must express doubt. A great part of my value as a guard is the skill with which my armor and weapons were crafted, as well as the skill with which I use such tools. By your description, it is obvious I couldn't use my own weapon, and even more importantly, I doubt I would be permitted to wear my armor. Unless you will require me to fight naked with a wooden stick against any that attack your caravan, I fail to see the relevance of this sideshow."

iwatt

First Post
"Unfair? It's not like we're cheating.". In a more serious tone Kemal adds "Keep the talk of advantages quiet. I'm going to try to make us the underdog's in this fight, and talk like that is a sure way of getting the odd's for us. Or rather against us, if you know what I mean."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Khepra gives a puzzled look to Kemal, wondering how the man can not understand a simple boast. However, the description of odds and underdogs goes over his head, and he simply looks blank. Giving up, Khepra turns to address Barak's concern.

"It is true that it is not an accurate assesment of our skills, but a man could break his hand to punch you in your shell. The competition puts us all at a disadvantage, but we shall surely prevail. You saw the man, a boastful dog, he deserves to be put in his proper place."

Remove ads