Iron Man 2, Thor announced for 2010

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Fast Learner said:
Saw Iron Man again yesterday, and despite trying very hard, I didn't see anything even remotely resembling the Cap shield on Tony's workbench in any scene, including the claimed one.

A few things from Sci Fi Wire http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=54651

Marvel says that the shield was there.

Capt'n America gets a WWII period piece for origins! Woot!

And thor's getting a movie with large chunks of it set in Asgard.

Felon

First Post
I honestly doubt we will see the Mandarin. There's a lot of protest whenever a movie depicts a Fu-Manchuesque villain, and in this case it's somewhat justified, since the Mandarin was created as an evil commie Chinaman.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Felon said:
I honestly doubt we will see the Mandarin. There's a lot of protest whenever a movie depicts a Fu-Manchuesque villain, and in this case it's somewhat justified, since the Mandarin was created as an evil commie Chinaman.

I dunno, I'd bet we'll see a version of the Mandarin, just not the racist stereotype one.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I think we will see the Mandarin. There has been so many analogies to him. From the rings (both on characters and flag), to the comment "with 12 of these you could rule all of Asia!" (referring to the Iron Monger suit) and "Ghengis Khan ruled all of Asia!" That to me says that the Mandarin is planning some kind of takeover of Asia, sooner or later.

I am wondering if the Mandarin will be using Chi or just technology.

Amellia

First Post
I think whether or not we see Mandarin -- or, really, what version of him we'll see -- will depend upon the political landscape. Of course, they had no qualms about setting Iron Man in the Middle East, so maybe they won't back down if things in China get worst, who knows...

I think they'd probably go for some quasi-technological version of chi, rather than try to go for some actual "mystical" power. Perhaps a pseudo-medical explanation, or something. I think they're trying to ground Iron Man in a scientific world rather than a quasi-mystical one, and I really like that about it. It felt rock-solid to me, nothing wobbly throughout the entire movie in terms of logic and science. I didn't have to suspend disbelief at all.

Remove ads