• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Man Armor Revealed (not the tin version) [SPOILERS]

mmu1

First Post
It looks pretty good, sure - but let's face it, as far as costume designs for recent superhero films go, this was going to be a really easy one.

Consider - in most other cases, you might have assorted problems:

1. Making the hero not look stupid while sticking to a classic design, because tights just don't work in real life the way they do in a comic.

2. Updating the look to something that still looks cool but has a connection to the comics.

3. Making something that'll work in the endless CGI sequences. Hence the common move to costumes that are leather and plastic -heavy. (as opposed to fabrics that flow and wrinkle)

But in this case, we're dealing with power armor. Power armor practically looks cool by default, sleek shiny metal actually looks as good - if not better - in real life as it does on a page, and it happens to be one of the things that CGI does best. In fact, a good effects house could have probably done a solid job on something like that 15 years ago. (Assuming computer effects, that is - serviceable effects using a good costume and miniatures could have been achieved even earlier.)

Which doesn't really make me like the design any less, I love power suits...

Last edited:

horacethegrey

First Post
Now that is IRON MAN. :D

A little dissapointed that they didn't deviate too much from Adi Granov's design. But hey, that looked cool. So who am I to complain? :D

Man.

Now that Marvel's in charge of a lot of their movie properties, things are really starting to look freakin' great overall...or they just love Iron Man and put all the awesomness that way. Ah well, I'll be happy with the latter!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads