D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal glanced over at Giana... a religious ritual? A customary greeting? He muttered under his breath "Well, when in Syr Daria, do as the Syr Darian" and dropped on all fours as well, glancing furtively at Giana to make sure he got it right.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flints eyes widen. The druid is adopting the behavior of wolves, and it was contageous!

The dwarf takes a couple steps backwards as if to avoid what he perceives to be a magically infectuous affliction. He grimaces, then wonders if that is the animal inside him and stubbornly shuts his lips.

"What magic is this?" Flint mutters as tiny wolfshaped lights dance around his head.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh burst into laughter, "Now that is what is so good about being around other people. Don't knock it before it's gone.

Lal probably has no idea what he's talking about.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Smiling and shaking his head Harb laughs at Lals, not unexpected, response to the Druids actions and the reactions of the group... Seems Flint is a little superstitious.

Harbs stops his laughter, looks out of the corner of his eye at Loosh, and then lifts his chin and starts moving his head back and forth sniffing loudly at the air.

eayres33

Explorer
The light begins to fade as the sun begins to go behind the tall trees in the distance and several storm clouds begin to move in.

GM:

You still have around two to three hours of usable light, the trees have just but everything into the shade.
I missed Lal’s perception check earlier, there is no signs of life, but it is more than that, no sounds of anything and the air has a hint of being unnaturally cold.

Giana notice tracks very faint and skilled tracks that look around a week old, there appear to be two sets of tracks. Over these tracks are tracks of the same size but they are plodding, they look more like the feet were being dragged over the ground instead of being stepped on. A set of heavier well defined tracks lays over them. The new tracks are much more recent maybe this morning.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh laughs harder when Harb looks at him, and slaps Harb on the back. As he realises that Giana has found something he quiets down and steps beside her to take a look.

OOC: What is it to check out tracks, survival? [roll0] or [roll1] (to see where the drag-marks are going).

As he goes to look, he sees Lal (still aping Giana) and bursts into laughter again.

eayres33

Explorer
GM:
Survival or perception will give you different information. Perception will let you know if there are tracks, how many that type of thing, while survival will give you how long ago they were made what direction they were going.

Loosh notices there are some tracks

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Giana stands up, reports what she sees with a very serious air. Just noticing Lal's actions, she says, "Oh you are a tracker too? See anything?"

Lal gets up. "A tracker?! oh no, I'm but a humble traveler! I'm sorry I didn't do it right" he added, with a sharp look at Harb - he could have shown him how to do it properly after all.

Looking around he adds "Dragging steps... a chill in the air... I don't like the sound of this at all. Something is wrong here, very wrong."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Sorry friend, I was distracted in a moment of levity. She was looking for signs of who or what had been here and... We can talk about it later. I don't like the feel of this place and suspect it's not a place we want to be come nightfall.

Harb closes his eyes for a moment, places a hand over the holy symbol on his shield, mutters a few words and takes a deep breath in through his nose.

OOC: Divine Sense

Remove ads