• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

eayres33

Explorer
“Thank the gods, or payers have been answered,” a weak voice came from the cellar. “We can hear you, but Vance is still out in the store.”

There was silence for a moment, “I think was hurt when those things burst in. We have everything of value packed and ready to go.”

SunGold

First Post
Corsa closes her eyes and touches her forehead to the cellar door in frustration. Besmara's t*ts, playing hero is for fools. But Vin...that upstanding bastard won't leave them.

"Alright, stay put for now," she whispers after a moment. "We'll get you out after the fight."

She stands up and heads back to the first room, addressing those both in the building and outside. "Change of plans. Someone's stuck in the store, so we'll have to fight. Might as well get everyone in the workroom, unless someone has another idea."

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Vin places his pack down and draws his sword, entering the building he moves over to Corsa.

"Where are they?" he whispers. "Could we lure them into the door trap and then finish them off?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal adds in a low whisper "Can you tell us where this trap is going to affect? We don't want to be in it when it goes off. We also have to be ready to move fast - a fight here could attract more attention from those outside. Can we get the people down there ready to move before we get the foe's attention and walk into here?"

SunGold

First Post
"They're ready to move, but I think we ought to leave them there for now. If this goes badly for us, at least they'll still be hidden."

OOC: Lal's questions bring up a general note: if I'm ever scouting, when I get back I'll just say something like this:

She steps lightly back to the window and quickly explains the situation to their companions.
And then you guys can just assume you know whatever the DM told me. Saves everyone having to read

DM: The trap's on the door facing the storefront and is triggered by...
Me: The trap's on the door facing the storefront and is triggered by...

So at this point, assume Lal knows about the trap.

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux sees the plan forming and steps back from the door and sheaths his longswords. He unshoulders his bow and nocks an arrow while sidestepping a little towards a corner of the room. He checks his line of sight to the door and with a look of forced nonchalance, eyebrows raised, he nods at the others indicating his readiness. "Whenever you're ready, I can call to them in gobbo. Might confuse their entry at first." he whispers to the group.

Remove ads