• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal sees Raux gets out his bow and nod... not a bad idea in fact... instead of blocking his allies field of fire, he steps besides Raux, and while holding his tabar with his left hand, prepares a javelin to throw with his right.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb backs his way to the window and enters the building last. He listens to the situation and the plan. A half smile appears on his face and his eyes brighten up.

He whispers "Once the trap goes off and you strike, I will charge in to attack and hold them away from you as long as I can."

He moves to a position on the wall the door is on, far enough away that he feels safe from the trap but close enough that he can come and swing at those that enter without getting in the way of the initial missile volley.

SunGold

First Post
As some of their more heavily armored companions enter the workroom, Corsa pulls both daggers, knowing the hobgoblins were bound to hear them any second. She moves toward the wall with the door, staying about 20' from it.

OOC: Readying an attack to throw a dagger at whoever comes through the door.

Jason.knepper

First Post
Once everyone is in place, Raux shouts in goblin using his best deep hobgoblin voice "You maggots get to the smithy now! Scabvistin wants more bodies there to haul off slaves and loot. Get moving before he unleashes Scarvinious on you!"

Performance Check: 1d20-1 15

With that he readies an action to shoot the first one through the door in case his ruse fails.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If it's possible, Loosh will take a position so that he is out of the way of the door, but can reach someone coming through it with his boarding pike. (reach)

eayres33

Explorer
You hear the sound of the outside door opening before a Hobgoblin voice pierces the air, “Just where do you think you’re going Sadar?”

A deeper, farther away voice replies back. “You heard him, he said Scabvistin wants us at the smithy, so I’m going to the smithy. I won’t be part of Scarvinious’s tent.”

“Are you serious!” the hobgoblin voice shoots back. “We are the only three members of the legion here, it’s obviously a trick.”

“You stay here then,” the deeper voice shot back. “I’ll see you again as a tent.”

The sound of the outside door slamming is heard and then the hobgoblin speaks again, “Fricken bugbears, why Azaersi thought it would be a good idea to have bugbears lead this assault is beyond me.”

With that the door open rabidly and you hear the hobgoblin open the door then howl as acid sprays his face.

Shop1.JPG
GM:
So the Bugbear believed Raux and left, two hobgoblins remain.
Roll initiative

Okay couldn't get my grid to show up but here is the map.

The bugbear by the door left
This is your positioning
Raux you are the top figure on the right
Loosh you are on the right just below Raux
Corsa you are below Loosh
Vin is behind Corsa
Harb is first on the left
Lal is behind Harb
Sister Grace is behind Harb
Flint is in the backroom

Hobgoblin trap ST
Hobgoblin Dex ST: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Hobgoblin Acid Damage
acid damage: 1D10 = [8] = 8

Acid Face Hobgoblin Initiative
Acid Face Initiative: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

Other hobgoblin initiative
Hobgoblin 2 initiative: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Attachments

• Shop.FCW
    196.1 KB · Views: 78

FitzTheRuke

Legend
[roll0]

OOC: I don't expect to beat them in initiative, but is it possible to say that I have a readied action with my boarding pike against anyone who comes through the door? It's kind of how I'd expect a boarding pike to work.

Remove ads