• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"Don't worry about me, just singed some hair, save the healing for those that need it. Look, all better." Harb looks Lal in the eyes as he places his hand on his own chest, the same glow, like warm sun, radiating into his body.

[sblock=Action]Lay on hands for 2HP (This Brings Harb up to 8hp and he has 1hp worth of lay on hands left today)[sblock=Action]

"We should save all that we can, but the longer we stay the better the chances that we all die." Harb looks to the villagers that he armed with sword and shield already. "Is there a boat along the river anywhere that you can use to cross without being seen? If not do you think you can stay out of site long enough to get to the bridge? We can go the other way, rescue who we can, and meet you there."

Harb's head starts to turn to his allies helping the civilians out of the building, it stops momentarily when he sees a corps, standing there, eyes penetrating to his very soul. He remembers those eyes, remembers leading that boy into battle, to his slaughter. He blinks and the image is gone.

Harb looks back to his new allies. "With the size of this attacking force I wouldn't be surprised if all we find is dead bodies, and we might not make it out of this. But we need to save all who we can. I will go with anyone who wishes to try to make it to the shrine, I will not judge poorly anyone who doesn't."

eayres33

Explorer
The screams of the dying fill the dark alley, almost drowning out the heavy footsteps of the invading army on the main road.

“Aubrin and I can get the rest of us to the river bed, if Jet still has her boat.” Vane began with a quick look to Jet.

“It should still be there unless these black blooded bastards stole it, or burnt it.” Jet replies quietly under her breath.

Aubrin speaks up her expression heavy, “Vane and I will lead them, we will meet the rest of you at the edge of the forest. Save as many as you can, and if we don’t meet again know you will always have my thanks.”

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh remembers a time when he would have only looked out for himself, and maybe his immediate friends, but after years of living alone on an island, being around people has now become his near-obsession. The more people the better, in his opinion.

"I'm sure we will succeed. Let's get going."

Jason.knepper

First Post
Having weighed his chances for survival against the risks, Raux agrees to go with the rest of the armed party towards the shrine. "I like killing gobbos... I don't mind a chance to take a few more down, even if it's just to find some corpses huddled around a shrine in vain..."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Lead the way Raux, you know the place better than many of us and you're quieter too... if trouble erupts, we'll be right behind you."

Lal rolled his shoulder and lifted his tabar up to punctuate his words.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"I'll guard the back, I'm not well suited to sneaking around in the front."

Harb's voice in uneasy. He shifts the grip of his sword so that it is pointed straight down and closes his eyes for a moment. A silent prayer to Sarenrae for the safety of the people around him, then he is ready to go do this bloody work.

eayres33

Explorer
As the group makes their way through the alley the cries of the dying and wounded give way to the shouts of hobgoblins and sounds of marching footsteps.

As the party approaches the end of the alley they see the Riverwood Shrine 100 feet ahead sitting mostly in the shadows. Several creatures of various sizes appear to be moving on the deck in front of the shrine.

The last 50 feet between the end of the alley and the shrine is open, with a small shack around 10 feet to the right of the shrine and a small statue around 10 feet in front of the deck.

GM:
From this position 100 feet away the shrine appears in darkness with only the faint outline of shadows.

River Song

Explorer
Vindethrevolan “Vin”

"Looks like we might be in time," Vin whispers. "We should be able to use the gloom to get in close, but too much noise will attract others."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads