• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

Jason.knepper

First Post
Raux unshoulders his bow and draws an arrow to the string. " I don't think I can trick them away this time. Are we ready for a fight or is there some other option? If we're gonna do this lets be smart...". At that he looks around quickly and tries to read the faces of his compatriots.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I propose a snatch-and-grab. A hit-and-run." said Loosh, robbery being more his former speed than heroism, "As much as we'd all like to kill gobbos, that's not our goal: We hit 'em fast, grab whoever is still alive, and run like hell. Don't stop to fight. We don't have to 'win' this. We have to get people and food, and get out."

River Song

Explorer
"So it looks like we need a group to keep them busy while others rescue the people. I'll volunteer to help keep them busy as I am not carrying any injuries as of yet."

SunGold

First Post
"I don't know," Corsa says uneasily. "Anyone we leave alive will alert others--lots of others. It looks like there are only a few, and it's pretty dark, so if we do this in a hurry, hopefully no one else will spot the fight. I think we might be better off with them dead."

She glances briefly toward the bridge as she draws both daggers. "And we need to have time to blow the bridge, or this is all for naught. We can't do that on the run, with an army in tow."

She looks over at Raux with his longbow, and then back at everyone else. "Can anyone else do some damage from the end of the alley? If we start the fight by hitting them from here, without being seen, there'd be less left to deal with out in the open."

River Song

Explorer
"Corsa, can you get to the bridge and ready to destroy it?" Vin asks. "You are right in what you say, so we will likely have foes in pursuit of us, if as we cross the bridge you can collapse it; then we will make our escape."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal adds in a low voice "It's not about winning this fight... it's about winning without attracting more attention. That means we have to hit them hard... and I don't if it's a good idea to send some of our combatants away... "

Lal touched his beard and continued

"How's the rear of the building looking like?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

"I agree, in and out as quickly, and as deadly, as possible. Perhaps we can attack from the side, while a couple of us use a window or door in the back to get the people out."

His face void of emotion Harb scans the area for something that could be used to close the gap quicker, like a horse and cart, or distract the raiders and to see if he can tell from their movement if the group of raiders guarding, coming, going or what.

OOC: Investigation [roll0] To see if he sees anything for transport/distraction
Insight [roll1] To try to figure out what the raiders near the shrine are doing

Remove ads