• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ironsoul Forgemaster and Mind blade+like

emoplato

First Post
Do people here think that the Soulknife..etc can use Ironsoul Forgemaster abilities? The abilities require that the items affected be crafted but the Soulknife/bow do sort of make and customize their own weapons.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Pre-level 9, the Ironsoul Forgemaster's class abilities seem to apply to shields and armor, which a Soulknife cannot create with the mindblade ability. You could create mundane armor and weapons, but that sorta defeats the Soulknife's purpose.

At level 9, you gain the ability to daze an opponent for 1 round. While I'd imagine you could apply that to your weapon, it's hardly a capstone ability for a Soulknife.

The PrC won't progress any of the Soulknife's abilities.

You probably could go from Soulknife into Ironsoul Forgemaster if you found some way to Meldshape, but why would you want to?

Do you have a particular build in mind?

emoplato

First Post
Pre-level 9, the Ironsoul Forgemaster's class abilities seem to apply to shields and armor, which a Soulknife cannot create with the mindblade ability. You could create mundane armor and weapons, but that sorta defeats the Soulknife's purpose.

At level 9, you gain the ability to daze an opponent for 1 round. While I'd imagine you could apply that to your weapon, it's hardly a capstone ability for a Soulknife.

The PrC won't progress any of the Soulknife's abilities.

You probably could go from Soulknife into Ironsoul Forgemaster if you found some way to Meldshape, but why would you want to?

Do you have a particular build in mind?
No, not really I just was thinking of ways to help make an actual Soulknife better. It is also a way to really gauge how much work it needs. The Psycarnum blade feat is helpful and the bonuses of Incarnum are far better than the base class when coupled with Kensai. I also thought I saw something somewhere about a Soulknife creating a shield with deflection bonus in a feat or ACF.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
No, not really I just was thinking of ways to help make an actual Soulknife better. It is also a way to really gauge how much work it needs. The Psycarnum blade feat is helpful and the bonuses of Incarnum are far better than the base class when coupled with Kensai. I also thought I saw something somewhere about a Soulknife creating a shield with deflection bonus in a feat or ACF.
The most effective way I know of to make the Soulknife better is to PrC Soulbow.

Remove ads