Irresistaible dance or maze?

Rkhet

First Post
I heard it on this board a while ago, actually. There was a thread about it, people complaining how the spell now suck. I can't find the source either.

Infiniti2000

First Post
They didn't add a save, but they did add SR (which wasn't there in 3.0). They also added the intelligence check vs. DC 20 instead of a variable number of rounds based on Int. I agree that it's significantly nerfed, though I don't think in a bad way. I think SR should apply.

Vraister

First Post
Rkhet said:
Ah, on the subject of passive Force spells: Force Dragons can pass through Force effects. And the younger ones are low-HD enough to be Shapechanged into. There is potentially much fun to be had with this and Forcecage/Otilok's.

Maze got nerfed. There's a will save now.

Hi,

where can I find them Force Dragons?

Vraister

JoeBlank

Explorer
Inconsequenti-AL said:
JoeBlank - it's done now. Had an old copy on my PC, won't be entirely correct but it's pretty close. Can find here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=143556

As for looking like a thief, it's simply clothing and having a couple of thiefy skills - escape artist, gather info and spot.

Cool, thanks for posting him. I'm playing a 12th level gnome sorcerer at present. So often I hear people say that the class "needs a little something, to add flavor", but Davion is an excellent example of the flavor coming from background and the way the character is played.
What kind of familiar did he have, before the umber hulk?

Fedifensor

Explorer
Inconsequenti-AL said:
My sorceror needs better ways to ruin the oppositions day. Nice crippling spell like one of these 2 could be just the thing...

On the one hand, the Dance is great because you can beat the victim viciously while they caper... but it's only living targets and you need to get into melee range. However, maze will work on more stuff, doesn't seem as strong but lasts longer... although I supose you could always use it on yourself if things went really wrong?

What would you go for? Anything I'm missing? Anything else you'd consider over this?

If you take a level of Archmage, the choice is a lot easier. Arcane Reach turns the Dance into a spell with a 30' range.

Scion

First Post
make a target stand there and take it (and take it hard too) vs they go away for a bit and can come back more or less whenever they like and be fully buffed?

hmm...

not a hard call ;)

Remove ads