• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is a Drow Druid possible?

Jolly Giant said:
Give her some powerful, but slightly odd, magic item. A staff of destruction perhaps (Disintegrate, etc.) Maybe even a weird artefact. This could be your big chance at using that nasty Sphere of Annihilation... :]

Or perhaps a slightly twisted Bag of Tricks. We had one IMC that generated flesh-eating slugs.

cybertalus

First Post
Lolth isn't on the list of nature deities in Faiths and Pantheons, which is probably why Lolth doesn't have druids and rangers in official FR products.

Though personally I think Lolth having (female) druids and (male) rangers is such a good idea that I'm gonna steal it.

While I'm at it, some other deities may get added to the list of nature deities in my version of the Realms.

Matafuego

Explorer
Thanks a lot for the replies!!

I think I'm going to go with the Druidess (would that be the correct noun?) of Lolth who focuses in her nature issues (underdark, fungi, spiders, maybe dridders).

Jolly Giant: That Chaos Cleric is a very good idea. The players have encountered a little bit of Chaos before (mostly Slaadi and advanced Slaadi), the problem I always had was portraying Chaos in an efficient way (in combat) so as to show the Chaos and not make everybody say "oh it's just madness/stupidity".
I think I portrayed enough Lolth's sadism as it is, considering the last sessions, so I don't think introducing a pain Cleric would be a good idea as it would be going over the same subject again and again.

RangerWickett: Thanks a lot! There's no description of the Z’harudorbb. Is it intentional? Can I go with whatever I see fit? If I'm happy with the results I end up, I might post this over at the d20npcs. Is it ok with you? I'll email you when I'm done, don't worry. (I can't PM)

tadk: I'm thinking 21st-25th level but I wasn't expecting any of you to do the job for me =) Though if you can contribute with anything it'd be more than welcome!! There's no time limit now, just a month or so, cause everyone's on holidays (or so) and we don't know yet when the next meeting will be.

cybertalus: What other deities are you considering? I'm curious now!

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eberron has some details about Druids with vermin companions, but it's not like it requires a great creative stretch of the rules to come up with something yourself.

Two real-world observations:

1) In the parks near where I work some fantastic fungal growths have sprung up on the lawns, and I thought it would be a different idea to grow a 'fungus border' in the garden, because some of the colours and shapes are really beautiful in a mushroom-y sort of way.

2) Last weekend I was in some limestone caves in Yorkshire that were still 'living' (i.e. wet!), and where there were patches of light, natural or artificial, there were plants (from spores and seeds carried in by the water.

So - plenty of potential plantlife underground for a drow druid to care for. And that's even before you factor in the giant spiders.

Matafuego said:
RangerWickett: Thanks a lot! There's no description of the Z’harudorbb. Is it intentional? Can I go with whatever I see fit? If I'm happy with the results I end up, I might post this over at the d20npcs. Is it ok with you? I'll email you when I'm done, don't worry. (I can't PM)

I'd prefer if you don't post these exact stats elsewhere. I don't think Paizo would have an issue with it, but I don't want to risk it. But feel free to use this as a springboard for similar ideas. As for description, the article I submitted was short, so I didn't have much space for description. Basically they're wolf-sized spiders, lean and hungry.

cybertalus

First Post
Matafuego said:
cybertalus: What other deities are you considering? I'm curious now!
Off the top of my head, any deity which has a strong association with animals or natural forces such as the sun, the moon, the wind. So Selûne, Lathander, Shaundakul, Sehanine Moonbow, and Eilistraee immediately spring to mind. I've probably missed a bunch who are from outside the Faerûnian and elven pantheons.

Death is also a part of nature, so I could easily see Kelemvor sponsoring a sect of Druids who focus on the death aspect of the natural cycle. Such Druids would probably be opposed to burying creatures in tombs since this delays the return of their bodies to nourish the earth. In fact they might raid tombs with the intent of giving such creatures a "proper" burial.

Shar, with caverns in her portfolio is a distant possibility as well. Though I'm holding off making that call because I'm considering that the real reason for Lolth's silence was a war with Shar that resulted in one of the two goddesses (haven't decided which one) slaying the other and taking her portfolio and (for the time being) identity. If I go that route, the victor becomes a nature deity anyway, since your original post prompted to decide to give Lolth nature deity status.

I'm also pondering making the elemental lords be nature deities. Each of the four elements they represent is a force of nature, so it makes sense in those terms.

Having more nature deities suits me in a larger sense because I've ditched the notion that all of the nature deities are one big happy family. Chauntea, as the goddess of agriculture has a positive view towards cities and civilization, which often puts her in strong disagreement with Silvanus, who prefers untamed wilderness. Having more nature deities, even if nature isn't their main focus, makes for more players in this coming conflict, especially since most of the existing nature deities are likely to side with Silvanus.

tadk

Explorer
If you dont mind I will work on something like that, for the heck of it. When it is done I will post here so you can get it and use or abuse it as you wish.....

Jolly Giant

First Post
tadk said:
If you dont mind I will work on something like that, for the heck of it. When it is done I will post here so you can get it and use or abuse it as you wish.....

...or she could be an actual demon. Just a thought that occured to me when I saw this post.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads