• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is buy.com honoring it's $14 price for ELH?

rpghost

First Post
Obvioulsy they don't realize their problem yet if they are shipping them as WOTC has a max discount for all distirbutors of 49% ... so 34.95 * .51 = 17.82 which is the lowest they could be buying to book at.

The other option is that they are doing it to blow them out and make people notice them - marketing you know. I donno why they would do that. ELH is actually out of stock at all major distributors right now so there is little reason for doing that. WOTC will have more printed in a week or two.

As for them honoring their posted price... One look at thier terms of service page and you'll see:

Typographical Errors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. buy.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, buy.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.

So they don't HAVE to give you the price. They are either stupid and don't realize they are loosing money or just doing it cause they want to attact new buyers. Either way you (the customer) win in this case.

James
http://www.RPGShop.com

Krug

Newshound
Egads. I expect to see a Forbes report next week saying how 'Bargain-hungry RPGers bankrupt Buy.com!'. Serves them right for sending spam to my mailbox!

Jin Chi

First Post
They seem to have really good prices on all the hardcover books.

I'm very tempted to pick up all the books I don't have from Buy.com. Oriental Adventures, Manual of the Planes, Star Wars, etc.

And yes, I certainly ordered the ELH from them already. I don't need this book at $40+ but at $15 I'd love to add it to my library (hoping in vain that some day a character will get above 15th Level).

Jaime

P.S. I'm still waiting on my book via their free shipping.

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
I wasn't planning on ordering the ELH for a while yet, but this price is just too good to pass up, along with the free shipping. I just ordered it now. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi all! :)

I asked this over at the Wizards boards too. I checked the www.buy.com site and unless I am reading things wrong they don't ship outside the US on orders under $500. Can anyone confirm or deny this - I could be reading things wrong!?

Thanks.

bolen

First Post
woll, they sent me mine I still think this was a typo in their sales but it certainly was their fault and I doubt that the ELH sales will cause buy.com to fail (although I wonder how many other books are mispriced.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Buy.com is notorious in the tech community for these kind of screwups...and, after at least one lawsuit, for honoring 'em.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads