• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is D&D 4E too "far out" to expand the market easily?

erisred

First Post
Oh really? Then rip out the Dragonborn and Tieflings! What are you waiting for? Don't let fluff stand in the way of a good game!
Yeah, make Dragonborn and Tiefilings NPC only, or just leave them totally out of your games. That's probably what I'm going to do when I start running 4e.

As for Eladrin being High Elves...heck, that's exactly how I'm explaining them! There are 3 sub-races of elf, Eladrin, Elf and Drow who have some large racial and very large cultural differences, but all three still primarily elven.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
See, that doesn't work even for 4, 5, 6, because the Death Star moves and is capable of destroying entire planets (which could translate to cities).

Haven't moving castles been an ingredient of fantasy for a long time? There's the thing in Thorbardin in Dragonlance, and although not a castle, The Hut of Baba Yaga moves around. I seem to remember a teleporting castle in some book or tale as well. Can't remember which. Still, I believe that it would be emminently possible to recreate D&D 1 to 6 in fantasy garbs.

Replace the tech with magic, and hey presto. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" as Clarke put it. B-)

/M

Corjay

First Post
Howle's Moving Castle. Besides its walking ability, it has a door that opens to far away locations with the twist of a wheel.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
You know, the whole Star Wars/fantasy thing just reminds me how far into nonesense people will go to try and prove a point.

I suppose you could technically claim Star Wars is fantasy if you replace everything in it with random sword and sorcery crap. You could also do that to anything in existence.

Doug McCrae

Legend
D&D needs a TV show dedicated to new D&D stuff, and class builds and stuff.

And more ads and stuff with hot chicks playing D&D. Nothing sells stuff more then hot chicks.
Everything you guys want already exists.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwL-9xcMs_Y"]Dungeon Majesty.[/ame]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads