• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is Fey Step really the best racial power?

Branduil

Hero
I've heard people say it is. But in my opinion, I'd rather have Elven Accuracy any day of the week. Fey Step is certainly valuable, but I don't think it's nearly as valuable as greatly upping your chances to hit with your daily powers.

All of them are pretty decent. The weakest in my eyes is probably Dilettante, but it is still okay.

Dragonborn - Breath Weapon rocks.Low damage doesn't even matter. Free minion killing is great, so is free multi marking for fighters.

Dwarf - Second Wind use for minor action. Looks deceptively weak but I find it to be fantastic.

Eladrin - Teleport. Pretty good in general. Let you reach something you wouldn't or couldn't have, or just plain escape a bad situation ( for that round, maybe more, hehe )

Elf - The reroll is pretty solid. Nothing irks you more then missing a crucial attack.

Half Elf - Requires an at will that is compatible with your primary class stats to be kind of effective. For instance there really aren't good ones for a warlock in my eyes. An at-will on a 1/enc timer is pretty weak in general.

Halfling - Second Chance, pretty sweet, not game breaking, but still nice to make someone possibly miss you.

Human - A free at will is pretty good as long as you have the stat to support it. Nuff said.

Tiefling - A small bonus to hit, and a decent bonus to damage ( assuming a decent cha) is okay, but not one of my favorites.

fba827

Adventurer
It's all a matter of preference and play style. Some like the mobility, others like the extra rolls...

To me, it's all good. :)

The only one I don't like is the half-elf's at-will-of-another-class-turned-encounter power. I only find a couple of at-wills worthy of being 'plucked' And the human's extra at-will I don't like _at the moment_ only because there isn't much selection available for at-wills yet, so if you have two human fighters they'll end up having overlap at-wills, some of which will never really see use when compared to the other at-wills available. But I imagine after a couple more materials are released, this problem will go away...

Arbitrary

First Post
Forced movement really is scary. After seeing it used in conjunction with battlefield hazards I'd be hard pressed not to be a Dwarf. The minor action Second Wind and Dwarven Weapon Training feat is just gravy.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm not sure its the best either. It's proably better than the half elfs power, the tieflings power, the human's extra at will and the dragon born's breath weapon.

But the halfling, dwarf and elf powers all seem pretty good.

Teleport does allow you to briefly ignore some conditions. Difficult terrain, immobilize and slow for instance don't stop you from teleporting at full speed and I assume teleporting would allow you to escape a grab for that reason.
Teleporting ignores OAs letting to get into a more advantageous position.
Teleporting also lets you get to places it would be otherwise difficult to climb/jump to.

I would say it is the best because its out of combat usefulness in getting past obstacles makes it even better when combined with its combat utility.

lukelightning

First Post
Having witnessed an eladrin wizard ruin my cunning plan by sleeping and then feystepping and CDGing my big bad enemy (a sniper guy up on a platform), I think it's pretty powerful. And fun; you can always find a reason to teleport 5 squares.

Remove ads