• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ... is "glyph of warding" the 5e way to make spell scrolls?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm... not quite happy with them. I think it's wise to have the price go up steeply, I think they went overboard.

Are you including the cost in time in your assessment? "You can't go adventuring for several weeks as you scribe this scroll" is a pretty big cost.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Are you including the cost in time in your assessment? "You can't go adventuring for several weeks as you scribe this scroll" is a pretty big cost.
well the two would have to be linked - an NPC isn't going to make a scroll that takes weeks to prepare and sell it for 50 gp... so more time would mean more cost.

I just find the GP progression to be janky as heck. Should a 4rth level scroll be worth FIVE times a third level scroll? Really? And then a 5th level scroll is worth twice a 4rth level scroll. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Glyph is better than a scroll as the trigger can be a no action and the spells do not require you to concentrate... it seems o e can clap to trigger a gylph, at any distance...
Hello

this thread is over 2 years old, so I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but it turns out it doesn't work - the glyph has to stay in place, you can't bring it with you as with a scroll.

Archlogus

Villager
Hello

this thread is over 2 years old, so I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but it turns out it doesn't work - the glyph has to stay in place, you can't bring it with you as with a scroll.
Yeah I was thinking that the glyph itself is stationary... But the trigger can be specified to trigger at a distance... Also, extra dimensional spaces are stationary so a genie war lock bottle or maybe even the inside wall of a portable hole could work to port it around d...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads